Park Street/Thrale Street/Southwark Bridge Road estate

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 19 March 2007 1.40pm
Hi all -

I'm in the process of buying a flat in this area (my dream location!) and was wondering if there are any residents on here who could let me know what it's like to live there? Neighbours, noise, environment etc. etc.

Any views would be greatly appreciated,

Many thanks
Monday 19 March 2007 3.18pm
well, since we live here we're pretty much bound to say it's great, I mean we would say that wouldnt we? But it really IS great.If you have these is this your dream location? No more noise than anywhere else,nicer neighbours than anywhere else - join our Forum and you'll see.
Monday 19 March 2007 3.25pm
I've lived in this area for 2 years and it is really quiet and feels very safe. It is really convenient ( I almost never have to use public transport) and there are loads of exciting new things that keep popping up locally. I can't say I really know my neighbours but I think that is just London.
Monday 19 March 2007 11.17pm
I live on the Peabody Estate, Southwark St and can vouch for the relaxed vibe. Likely to change with all the new developments going up in the area mind, but much to see and do plus little nooks and crannies away from the bussle of London life. Good choice! Welcome to the area.
Tuesday 20 March 2007 10.44am
Thanks very much for all your replies - it's not really my concerns to be honest, more my parents - their little girl is buying her first flat and coming from rural perthshire they think the whole of London is a den of drugs and crime! :)

We've been renting in Southwark (just off Great Dover Street) for a year and a half and that's been brilliant, so really looking forward to setting up in the area more permanently. I work just along the river and love not having to face public transport...

Thanks again!
Wednesday 21 March 2007 6.06pm
'...they think the whole of London is a den of drugs and crime! :)

It is!
Wednesday 21 March 2007 7.16pm
Yep, Welcome to the SE1 :)

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: