Cafe Nawaz

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 19 March 2007 4.54pm
Has anyone been yet? What's it like?
Monday 19 March 2007 5.01pm
Where is it?
Monday 19 March 2007 5.06pm

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Tuesday 20 March 2007 7.13pm
it looks kind of...."bog standard"...the refurb job was very quick
Tuesday 20 March 2007 10.43pm
Was very steamy inside judging by the fogged up windows when I walked past on Sunday night. It was either packed full of people or perhaps the kitchen extractors fans were not working....couldn't tell either way!
Monday 26 March 2007 11.03am
Had a takeaway last week and it was delicious. They deliver for orders over 10 and were very friendly. Shame to lose the greengrocer that was there before but I am very pleased to have an Indian takeaway nearby.
Wednesday 28 March 2007 4.26pm
We've eaten here twice since it opened - without doubt the best curry I've had in SE1! The food was delicious; fragrant, very fresh and not swimming in ghee. Staff very attentive too. Ok, so the windows get a little steamy at times, but with a BYO policy and a bill that comes to less than a tenner a head, who cares? A much better option than the Spice Lounge on Borough High Street, who've been really slack of late and keep forgetting items on our takeaway list.
Wednesday 28 March 2007 4.36pm
Yep. I had a decent ruby last night from there.
Monday 2 April 2007 11.07pm
I tried to order delivery from Cafe Nawaz, based on recommendation here and was sorely dissapointed. First calling there, the person who answered the phone struggled to understand the basic English I spoke, numbers addresses etc. I asked for another person, replacement was not much better.

Then 20 mins after I ordered and though all was sorted out, they called and told me they would not be making any more deliveries as they had car problems.

I dont think I will bother ringing them again if I am hungry and actually need food.
Tuesday 3 April 2007 2.36pm
I'm still a fan, having eaten there 3 times now, with great service & food every time. I'll admit I haven't tried to order takeawy from there, but the staff who have served me in the actual restaurant seem perfectly fluent. I wouldn't let that experience put you off and still maintain the food is definately worth a try.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: