MOT Time...

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
lmjh Tuesday 20 March 2007 12.15pm
Hi all fellow drivers in SE1.
Please can you give me some pointers on where to get this MOT done and prcess? I am australian, this is first time for me and i dont realy know what i am doing or where to take it! Due 31st March... yes shaefully i am your typical female car owner! :)

Advertisement

La Martinet Wednesday 21 March 2007 8.55am
I use the Millennium Garage under the arches in Great Suffolk St. (oppositish the BP petrol station) and have done for several years. They're very friendly and as a woman, do not talk down to you which is a real plus. They've always done a great job and never suggested unnecessary and expensive stuff which I find happens all the time at 'big name' garages.

Their number is 020 7928 5005
loafer Wednesday 21 March 2007 9.38am
I've used Metro Test on Hercules Road near Waterloo before and been happy with the service.

MOT fees are fixed - should be on the DVLA website.

Regards,

Loafer
JimG Wednesday 21 March 2007 5.10pm
There is a way of getting extremely lost cost mot by using the garage that a local council uses (or something). Look on the Martin Lewis money saving expert website. I didnt do this because of huge inertia but from experience all of the things that he recommends save masses of money.

good luck if you go ahead with it and let us know how to do it
Jim
carmenes82 Wednesday 21 March 2007 7.15pm
I used RW Autos on Morrocco St. (just off Bermondsey St.) and was suitably impressed.
zee Monday 26 March 2007 11.32am
I have also heard Millenium Garage is trustworthy and reliable. My partner used them recently. I'll go to them next time having had a bad time at Alan Day last time.
Birdie Monday 26 March 2007 11.47am
I have to use Millenium garage as the lease company on my company car insist - they have always been great though. No complaints. Nick there is super friendly too.
christianna Tuesday 27 March 2007 11.19am
RW Autos on Morrocco St gets another vote-I've moved out of the area so thanks to Ken(congestion charges!) can't use them still but happily recommend anyway.

Also Southwark Council has a list of local garages (RW are on it) who have agreed to a code of Conduct-see the following link

http://www.southwark.gov.uk/BusinessCentre/TradingStandards/caraward.html:-

Christianna
chuckalata Tuesday 27 March 2007 11.26am
I also use RW Autos and they've always been great. They explain what's wrong (if anything) without doing it like I'm a stupid girl. Also, my car's passed its MOT the past two times with no problems - I think it's normally a good sign of an honest garage that they don't try to tell you that you need new tyres or something (although you should be able to see the MOT failure paperwork if your car does fail).
vaughan Tuesday 27 March 2007 7.36pm
millenium for me as well. great service.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, you must be a registered user. If you are already registered, please log in.

Subscribe now

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,300+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum

Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions