Designer clothes scam in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 20 March 2007 9.51pm
This afternoon I was approached by a man driving a black hatchback, who claimed to be an Italian garment salesman with some sample Armani and Versace clothes to dispose of for cash. He initially claimed he was looking for Heathrow, then changed tack and told me he could give me a nice deal on some leather jackets he had in the boot of his car.

This has happened to me before twice, but this is my first experience of this in SE1. Just thought I'd flag it up. The clothes are very low-grade counterfeit items, by the way.
Wednesday 21 March 2007 9.02am
My friend and her husband a few years back was caught too. two italian men said that they were delivering some ' suede' coats to a warehouse that had been closed etc., and would they like to buy one. My friend and her husband bought one each after viewing the sample that was not in a plastic cover like the cleaners use..when they got theirs it was imitiation suede..but of course they had gone by then!
Wednesday 21 March 2007 2.11pm
I wasn't caught out this time. But about seven or eight years ago a man in a Mini on Goodge Street told me I looked like an Italian and needed some of his (fake) designer gear, and I was so excited at the idea that someone thought I looked like a character out of La Dolce Vita that I fell for his bluster. More fool me. Since then I've been pretty vigilant... and less naive about people's motives for flattery.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: