London Park Hotel Site

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next
Current: 1 of 11
TAK
Thursday 22 March 2007 8.08pm
found a tiny bit of information about this proposal. Sadly, no images or drawings.
It's got 44 storeys and is 13 meters (45 foot) shorter than the Multiplex Tower nearby.

Skyscrapernwes - London Park Hotel
Thursday 22 March 2007 11.37pm
That information was derived from the Developers website- First Base. There was also some news on the main E&C website. Apparently there was a recent public exhibition on this which seems to have passed most people by.
Friday 23 March 2007 10.00am
Completely passed me by all right and I live very close. Given the Multiplex tower nearby I would think it shouldn't be difficult in theory to get planning permission for a 44 storey building.
Saturday 31 March 2007 10.52am
As part of the ongoing regeneration, there are plans for another skyscraper in Elephant & Castle to join the Multiplex Tower. Architect is Richard Rogers and the developer is First Base. Height should be around 43 storeys.

There's a rendering here:

http://i11.tinypic.com/49iebk5.jpg

I'll post more details when I get them.
yas
Saturday 31 March 2007 11.29am
That is vile. I can't think of anything better to say about it...
Saturday 31 March 2007 12.12pm
yas wrote:
That is vile.

Why?
yas
Saturday 31 March 2007 12.30pm
wjfox2004 wrote:

Why?

Because this isn't HongKong! SE1 has a village feel to it that I love - and main reason I moved here 10 years ago. If we start introducing this type of building hapzardly scattered around the area, it stops making sense as a whole.

In any case, the building itself is in my opinion unattractive, un-interesting architecturally and will probably look horrific after 5 years when nobody has maintained the external glass pannelling. Am also assuming this is going to be a council-building so maintenance is not really on top of agenda from what I've seen... Reminds me of the cheap horror that has been built on Tabard Square.
Saturday 31 March 2007 12.57pm
*rolls eyes*
Saturday 31 March 2007 1.15pm
It isn't one of Rogers best, but it has a Miami kind of feel to it. The fins will be excellent, there's no towers like that in London yet.
Saturday 31 March 2007 2.02pm
I think Richard Rogers has more integrity that Norman Foster.
But he must have got his runner do design that.
It's Horrible.
if it was half the hight it would be better though.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next
Current: 1 of 11

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: