London Park Hotel Site

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next
Current: 4 of 11
Wednesday 2 May 2007 10.18am
If you ask Elephant Links at the Elephant Regeneration Office (email Kura.Perkins@southwark.gov.uk) you may pop in and see the model. Mind you a lot of what's going up is not necessarily part of the master plan, just private initiatives jumping on the regeneration bandwagon. (Ie., THE MONSTER IN OUR CAR PARK which James complains I go on about ad nauseam, but I dont care, I shall continue to do so).
PJ
Wednesday 2 May 2007 8.29pm
Can't wait for all this development to happen. I know there is a possibility that it all might echo the 60's disasters built in the area before but I'm holding out the hope that this will be more like the reawakening that happened at the Bull Ring in Birmingham.
Thursday 3 May 2007 9.53am
Stumpy? badly proprtioned? overweight lump? now I know someone has my photo!

I was last spotted admiring Palestra House...to see if you can spot the difference!
Thursday 3 May 2007 12.14pm
These might be private developers jumping on the bandwagon but so far they are the only people doing anything at the Elephant. None of the council parts of the scheme seem to have got off the ground yet. I had a spring clean at the weekend and found regeneration newsletters going back for years - if only they could be as efficient at the actual regeneration as they are at producing newsletters!
PJ
Thursday 3 May 2007 12.33pm
Absolutely! I couldn't agree more with that point. The procrastination masquerading as consultation that has gone on by the Council is incredible.

I don't think there is any sense of dyanamism coming from them at all.
Thursday 3 May 2007 1.15pm
Back to my question. Is there a planning application in and if so does anyone know the reference.

This matters There is a set period for statutory consultation. So like it or hate it, this is the time to ensure your views are heard.
Thursday 3 May 2007 1.29pm
Yes - 07-AP-0760
Consultation end date is 23 May.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Thursday 3 May 2007 1.38pm
Thanks. My understanding is that Southwark have asked Lambeth views. The development is on the border of Lambeth. I assume that Lambeth residents respond to Lambeth rather than directly?

(I don't have any particular view, but have friends who are affected.)
Saturday 5 May 2007 3.22pm
One concern I have as a local resident who has been circularised for comments, is that it is described as a development of 470 residential flats, but the only parking mentioned is 30 spaces.To me, 470 flats equals somewhere between 200 & 500 cars all fighting for somewhere to park in an already congested area with fairly narrow streets. Does anyone have any further information as to what parking is to be provided? Will the residents be eligible for Resident's permits?
Saturday 5 May 2007 3.41pm
I doubt that means 500 cars.

85% of London residents use public transport.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next
Current: 4 of 11

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: