New development on Recall site

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 1 of 14
Friday 23 March 2007 9.33am
I've just spoken to Alistair Talbot in the Southwark Planning office (020-7527 5906) regarding this development. I'm advised there is currently an Environmental Impact Analysis application (07-AP-0556) as it's over 0.5 hectare which requires no public consultation. This is to ascertain its impact both at a local community level & beyond.

Alistair is currently of the mind that the developers are trying to do too much on the site particularly as 10% is part of the Bermondsey conservation area. However, discussions between Southwark & the developers have been ongoing for about 2 years which indicates how they've kept pushing to max the scale of it.

I was advised to contact Pegasus Planning in Bristol & speak with Jim Tarzey 0117-9464713 the developers planner. This is to ask when Pegasus expect to start public consultations, which are quite apart from the statutory consultation period, & express any concerns I have.

Can I ask anyone who feels remotely impacted by this potential development to contact Jim Tarzey and voice their concerns and request they start communicating with the local community asap.

Hopefully by the time a full application is made by the Pegasus/developers, we'll be sufficiently informed to challenge any over-development.

Consultation start date: 06/03/2007
Consultation end date: 29/03/2007

144-152 BERMONDSEY STREET, LONDON, SE1 3TQ
Proposal: Request for Environmental Impact Assessment Screening Opinion for a proposed development comprising demolition of existing buildings and redevelopment to provide a building between 4 and 9 storey's comprising 4460mē of Class B1 floorspace, 275 flats and an underground car park accessed from Lamb Walk providing 24 car parking spaces.

Related news & features

Friday 23 March 2007 12.42pm
Thanks for the leg work. I'm certainly going to start getting to this. Surprised the developers have been at it for 2yrs...
Friday 23 March 2007 4.00pm
275 flats and 24 car park spots?

there will be havoc in the streets...
yas
Sunday 25 March 2007 4.19pm
I can't believe this! Although, sadly i can... Developers are trying to get their hands on every building in bermondsey street to build tiny 800sq m 2 bedroom flats and charge an arm and a leg for the address. What's worse is that the council has let them get away with building higher and higher tower blocks. The 8 storey blocks above Bermondsey market are already sticking out like a sore thumb.

surely they will have to request public consultation on this. Thanks for posting the notice!
Sunday 25 March 2007 5.42pm
This is a simply huge development. Hopefully the developers are just trying their luck and will scale it down suitably. Does anyone have a link to artists impressions etc. so we can see what it looks like? Good design can often offset scale.

Yas - I think you mean 800 square feet!
yas
Sunday 25 March 2007 9.52pm
carmenes82 wrote:

Yas - I think you mean 800 square feet!

indeed.... that was just wishful thinking! oops! ;O
Sunday 25 March 2007 11.12pm
I rather like the idea of 'tiny' 800 meter square flats. It reminds me of when HRH the Queen mother was forcibly removed from Buck House to Clarence House and said: "I can't live in there, its a horrid little house"
Sunday 25 March 2007 11.36pm
LOL - I think 800 square feet is HUGE!
Monday 26 March 2007 8.52am
Does anyone know what's happening the other end of Bermondsey Street next to Delfina?
I have seen that 2 buildings are going to be demolished.
I know that Bermondsey Street is a Conservation Area and as so cannot be touched. Am I mistaken? As a Bermondsey Street dweller I have been refused double glazing (like for like, of course, just double glazed) because of it being a conservation area. Does the Council pick and choose their projects on the basis of them making money?
Monday 26 March 2007 10.31am
I've just spoken with Jim Tarzey of Pegasus Planning in Bristol regarding development of the Recall site.

He advised that as they have not finalised plans there can be no consultation as yet. He believes they'll be submitting proposals within the next 1-2 months. Once these are published, there will be consultation with the local community for a couple of days at most, with the use of a display, a model, that type of thing.

I would advise anyone at all interested in the how this development ultimately takes shape to email him at jim.tarzey@ppg-llp.co.uk or phone him on 0117-9464713 and request to be kept informed of their next steps.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 1 of 14

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: