Bermondsey Wall

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 25 March 2007 6.08pm
It probably creeps into SE16, but it amazes me that Mill Street/Bermondsey Wall West/Bermondsey Wall East are so undeveloped. Shad Thames bustles so; yet head east and within seconds you reach a no-man's land - wasteland - which must be crying out to be developed. A little further east and you reach Rotherhithe Street which returns to being charming.

Is it really that grim there? Anybody ever been there?
Sunday 25 March 2007 7.08pm
There are some new developments there, but otherwise it is dense ex-LA/LA builds which aren't particularly attractive. I've driven along the front a few times and the view is great, but the architecture definitely lets the area down. There is nice looking pub too on the river front in a sort of cobbled square.

I'm sure somebody will come in and develop it soon...
Monday 26 March 2007 8.38pm
(Has anyone noticed that Mapmaker is back?)

Edited after I peeped in 'Chatter' ... of course you all noticed!
So who else has been missing a while?
Monday 26 March 2007 11.34pm
I don't think anyone living in Bermondsey Wall West would welcome any further development than the current buildings. In Chambers St running between B Wall West and B Wall East, I believe Berkeley Homes are likely to develop more apartments in time.
Tuesday 27 March 2007 7.11am
Berkeley Homes are taking over the earth.
Tuesday 27 March 2007 7.48am
And not just in London; they have developments in progress all over the south coast - including three in Gosport!
Wednesday 28 March 2007 2.15pm
the pub is indeed lovely - i think it's Sam Smiths - lager at 1.49 and Cider Reserve

Ayingerbreau, and Tadcaster, and others.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: