Dog Friendly pubs etc

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 3 of 4
Friday 8 September 2017 4.10pm
Homer wrote:
As a dog, I feel it necessary to comment upon this thread, as my kind suffer the slings and arrows of many a narrow-minded human being. Often times people think that because they know a dog or know someone who knows a dog that they 'know' me. This is not the case. Dogs come in different shapes, sizes, nationalities, and have different temperaments and systems of etiquette. For instance, my parents frequently clean my paws, brush my teeth, and give me baths. They dress me in a t-shirt or a tie when enjoying a meal out. They take me out to restaurants and I know to sit down and wait patiently as they enjoy their meals. I often find it funny that people sneer at me as I watch them dig into a sandwich without washing their hands, or, for instance, sit on a patio and allow birds and flies to pollute their food with airborne feces.
I desperately wish I were able to taste the heavenly comestibles, the ambrosia of the humans, but my parents don't believe that it would suit to benefit my comportment when in restaurants.

Dog culture is part of Bermondsey Street culture. Have you taken a walk on Bermondsey Street? I have, and let me tell you, it's full of dogs, upmarket dog stores, cafes, restaurants, and florists stocked with dog treats. In fact there is an annual dog show held on Bermondsey Street every year. If you don't like it, go hang out in East London where people used to spit on me because their religion prohibited them from viewing me as an animal worthy of trotting along the earth. Better yet, go to West London where the establishments are as bland as the mentalities of some of the reviewers here. Bermondsey loves dogs and I love Bermondsey.

Allow me to finish by saying that if I've offended anyone with any questionable behaviour, I am sorry. I'm off to my local for a pint.

Many Barks,

Homer

You should get your owners to go to where Falj goes, you get a seat an' everything.
Friday 8 September 2017 7.00pm
Worth browsing through this website.
Friday 8 September 2017 11.32pm
The Spit and Sawdust on Bartholomew Street is another dog friendly pub. Plus The Libertine on Great Suffolk St, The Roebuck on Great Dover St and The Royal Oak on Tabard St.

The Green Room on Upper Ground and The Anchor and Hope on The Cut are both dog friendly restaurants.

You can also take dogs into Mercato Metropolitano and Flat Iron Square.
Saturday 9 September 2017 8.08am
www.thetimes.co.uk/article/pets-welcome-how-dog-friendly-are-london-s-restaurants-and-hotels-d90qlxw6d
Hopefully you can see this link from last weeks Sunday Times.
Monday 18 September 2017 1.44pm
Thanks for the helpful posts :)

Life's too short live it!!!

D x
Monday 18 September 2017 2.50pm
Se1dogwalker wrote:
... The Roebuck on Great Dover St ...
The Roebuck has a new note in the window saying "No dogs".

...if you press it, they will come.
Monday 18 September 2017 6.44pm
Not SE1 but Picturehouse Central has dog-friendly cinema screenings, and the next one has already sold out! https://www.picturehouses.com/cinema/Picturehouse_Central/Whats_On?filter=Dog%20Fri

(Dogs have to sit on the blankets provided, treats are on offer and I presume they lower the volume so as to be more comfortably for dogs)

https://thelondog.com/dog-friendly-cinema-screening-picturehouse-central/
Tuesday 19 September 2017 8.55am
hello from USA
Tuesday 19 September 2017 9.00am
While we're on that sort of subject do any of our local pubs have cats? I like a cat with my pint, but the Blind Beggar, Shakespeare's Head, Holly Bush, etc, are all a bit of a trek.
Tuesday 19 September 2017 9.42am
The 7 stars not too far over the river in Carey Street is an excellent pub which always used to have its own cat, Tom Paine, which had pride of place and wore an Elizabethan style ruff.

It's a while since I've been there....because they don't allow children.

...if you press it, they will come.
Pages:  Previous1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 3 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: