Tennis courts

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Wednesday 28 March 2007 5.16pm
I was thinking about taking up tennis on a very casual basis - any recommendations for some courts in a nice location which are not too public?(because I am awful at tennis and would hate it if random passersby could see me! So the Columbo Centre may be out on this basis!) I live in Waterloo but happy to travel a bit.
Wednesday 28 March 2007 8.30pm
Oh, also, if anyone knows about tennis lessons, that would be great too. Thanks!
Wednesday 28 March 2007 9.09pm
there are some slightly ropey (but actually quite nice) courts in archbishops park
SBR
Thursday 29 March 2007 12.21pm
I've used the courts in Archbishop's Park before - they are free and you can ring and book them seven days a week on 0845 130 8998 (its Lambeth's fusion leisure services).

I've also used the courts over at Tanner Street which are a turn up and wait arrangement (although I've waited a long time when its busy).
Thursday 29 March 2007 4.01pm
the public courts in tanner st aren't particularly private but judging by what i've seen all sorts of levels of ability use them so you shouldn't be to embarrased.
Saturday 14 April 2007 8.09pm
Burgess Park have several tennis courts and coaching aswell.

Jenny
Wednesday 16 May 2007 11.35am
Does anyone know where you can get private lessons in the evening round the SE1 region? (beginner level!)
Wednesday 16 May 2007 12.27pm
I'm interested in this, too, if anyone has any leads.
Monday 18 June 2007 11.46am
Did anything come of this? I'm lloking for a coach / lessons also...
Wednesday 26 September 2007 7.10pm
I just came across this message, there are 4 courts at Tanner Street, they are fairly quiet during the day and not many people around so you cant really embarrass yourself. I play down there and i am pretty bad!!! not heard any giggles yet! :)

then there are courts at Burgess Park, there are some nice courts there, i think its 4 an hour if you are a member, they have coaching there too, 7.50 for a session with other people or 15 with a one-to-one. Contact the club for details, its Southwark Park Tennis Club, you can google for the number. I play down there too.

And if that still embarrasses you, then there are two courts at Brunswick Park, its a mission to get to them but they are ultra secluded (and to be honest a little scary in my opinion) but i have played here and noone really disturbs you

Hope that helps and not too late now that tennis season is almost coming to a close :)
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: