Brilliant barber on Waterloo Road

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Monday 21 July 2003 12.22pm
It's not been easy to get a decent haircut in SE1 without risking life and limb, but I'm glad to say that there is now a really good barber at the Cut Studio on Waterloo Road, towards the southern end, more or less opposite the ambulance HQ. Ten quid for a haircut that's much better than others I've paid 30 for, and he's a really nice guy as well. I think he's struggling to find a clientele at the moment, so do give him a try - I was very impressed.
Monday 21 July 2003 12.37pm
There's a brilliant barbers just at the foot of Tabard Street, near to the church opposite Borough tube. It's called Fortes and has been featured on TV. It's run by a father and his two sons, they're great fun and friendly and for 6 it's a bargain!
Monday 21 July 2003 2.24pm
i second the vote for Fortes - friendly and great value!!
Thursday 25 March 2004 10.44am
Do you have to make reservations at this barber? I want to call, but I cannot find a number for them? I need to try to get in on my lunch break. cheers
Thursday 25 March 2004 11.10am
Fortes are good but not 6

(unless they overcharge me because I am snappily dressed, look like a matinee idol etc..)

My recommendation is George's on the Walworth road (SE1 borders anyone?), same side as Safeways about 30 yards further south.
Thursday 25 March 2004 11.16am
A bald git writes:
The Fortes people are very nice, but until I took to razoring what little hair I have, they would charge me 6 too.
Thursday 25 March 2004 11.20am
So you don't need a reservation for a cut? I can walk in, yeah? I just want a decent cut for a little dough
Thursday 25 March 2004 11.27am
Righto.

Good news this. Pity it wasn't posted last week to save me 23 sobs for a cut at Bridges on St. Thomas St. Excellent cut, btw and the tunes were TOP ! Mind you a tenner sounds better. I'll try 'em both in the next coupla months.

Heh heh something for the weekend, Sir heh
Thursday 25 March 2004 11.28am
Just walk in, they really are very nice people.
Thursday 25 March 2004 2.09pm
good recommendation. good cut, great guy...i had the son. It cost 7 but they took my 6.5
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: