Audio Equipment Repair shop in SE1?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 2 April 2007 9.58pm
Anyone know of a good - and affordable - repair shop for stereo equipment here in SE1?
Saturday 7 April 2007 4.07pm
Anybody?
Monday 9 April 2007 3.38pm
Sorry I can't actually answer your question, but perhaps you might want to try asking at Richer Sounds (London Bridge highwalk)? They might be able to point you in the right direction.
Tuesday 10 April 2007 9.59am
There was a fantastic little shop at 20 London Road, SE1. Run by a man who knew what he was doing in an age when no-one repairs anything any more. Sadly, the congestion charge, new bus lanes on London Road, not to mention disposable culture put him out of business a few months back. However the people who run the Sean Kelly Gallery shop next door - who told me the sad story - tell me he'll still fix stuff from home. They have his number. Call the SK Gallery (an arts material shop) on 020 7928 9722.
KM
Tuesday 10 April 2007 1.48pm
Thank you for that info wireless. He was great, even did home visits, and I have been looking for a replacement since the yellow shutters went up. Didn't think to ask next door!
Saturday 14 April 2007 7.23pm
Try MCQ in Walworth Road, the Elephant End, just past Macdonalds - the guy's been there for years and has his family working there, too. Fixed my mixer a treat and it was well worth it!

Jenny
Sunday 15 April 2007 1.21am
Thanks folks!
Wednesday 25 April 2007 1.06am
I ended up contacting this guy and he was very good with my old stereo. Highly recommend him.
wireless wrote:
There was a fantastic little shop at 20 London Road, SE1. Run by a man who knew what he was doing in an age when no-one repairs anything any more. Sadly, the congestion charge, new bus lanes on London Road, not to mention disposable culture put him out of business a few months back. However the people who run the Sean Kelly Gallery shop next door - who told me the sad story - tell me he'll still fix stuff from home. They have his number. Call the SK Gallery (an arts material shop) on 020 7928 9722.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: