Spa Road Park attempted murder

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 2 April 2007 10.04pm
Does anyone know what happened at Spa Road on Sunday afternoon last week? There was a lot of police tape outside last week and now there is an "Attemped Murder" incident board up there.

Related news & features

Monday 2 April 2007 10.10pm
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/2632

Also discussed in this thread:
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/forum/read/1/67308

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 2 April 2007 10.16pm
Thanks James.
Scary.
Thursday 5 April 2007 1.34pm
The attack that took place in Bermondsey Spa Park on March 26th has now been classed as attempted murder, as the guy is in such an awful state.

However, the police have said that the suspects...

"are described as white, aged approx 25 years. One is described as taller than the other......"

What possible use is that description? It's like on the Simpson's where Chief Wigham states that "Suspect is hatless.. Repeat, hatless"
Thursday 5 April 2007 1.41pm
If it was the victim who gave the description and he was left in such a state, that's a pretty good description I'd guess...
Thursday 5 April 2007 2.03pm
Threads merged.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Jac
Thursday 5 April 2007 2.43pm
According to the southwark news. the Victim was a homeless Polish man and is still in a coma
Monday 9 April 2007 12.17am
So I guess that's the end of it?
Polish guy, badly injured in our local park, put in a coma. The End.

So often we never find out what happens in these sorts of crimes, I suspect because that is the end of it. The Police have apparently lost interest and the young man will live, or die, or end up maimed and instituionalised and we'll never know, and the men who did it will walk away and laugh.
Monday 9 April 2007 8.26am
>>and we'll never know

Quite right too. It really is none of our business.

If you had a daughter, and she were raped, I bet you would be the first to object to posts on an internet chat forum 'invading your privacy' wanting to know all the gory details?
Monday 30 April 2007 4.56pm
The Mapmaker wrote:
>>and we'll never know
Quite right too. It really is none of our business.

If you had a daughter, and she were raped, I bet you would be the first to object to posts on an internet chat forum 'invading your privacy' wanting to know all the gory details?

I don't want to know the gory details I want to know if the people responsible were caught and dealt with or are still at large on my street.

I don't know why you think it appropriate to start talking about hyperthetical daughters getting raped but having nearly been raped myself (I got badly beaten up fighting him off. Plus, before anybody starts with the popular blame the victim rubbish, I was stone cold sober, it was 5pm in the afternoon and I was not "provocatively dressed") I can tell you I would indeed be uncomfortable to know it was being discussed on an internet forum such as this (particularly with the usual level of "She must have been asking for it" rubbish) but if it helped catch the person responsible or warned others who to look out for then it would be a good thing.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: