Self Storage Companies

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 21 July 2003 7.30pm
Has anyone any experiences with Self-Storage companies in the SE1 area between London Bridge and Deptford? We need about 100 square feet.

We looked at Access, which is off Grange Road. They have excellent facilities but are quite expensive.

We spotted two others - one under the railway arches next to Crucifix Road and TowerBridge Road and another in Deptford near the big Shell garage between Surrey Quays and Greenwich, but we haven't been in to check.
Monday 21 July 2003 7.34pm
Here's our storage services page:

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/property/storage.html

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Al
Tuesday 22 July 2003 11.13am
I looked into this a few years back and the place in Druid St just inside the congestion zone was cheaper than the the place in the Old Kent Rd. (sorry about forgetting their names).

If I was to do look again I'd check out the place by the hump back bridge/Shell garage you mention on Lower Rd. (Big Yellow?)
HC
Wednesday 23 July 2003 10.01am
"1st for Storage" are excellent, Ive used their branch near Waterloo a few times now - very helpful friendly staff. There's also one nearer Tower Bridge. Contact details below :

1st for Storage Ltd
22-26, Druid St Tower Bridge
London
SE1 2EY
Tel: 020 7378 7000

1st For Storage Ltd
213, Carlisle Lane Waterloo
London
SE1 7LH
Tel: 020 7928 9955
Wednesday 23 July 2003 10.04am
See also http://www.1stforstorage.com

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Al
Wednesday 23 July 2003 11.58am
There's a new Safestore on Old Jamaica Rd that's got a sign up saying 50% off, lowest prices guaranteed.

24 Hour access as well, looks worth trying.
Tuesday 7 August 2007 3.55pm
Used 1st for storage by waterloo. Never again!! After 2 weeks my storage boxes were covered in mold and smelt damp. I lost alot of paperwork. The staff didnt want to know and I actually felt quite threatened by them.
I am now using self store on old kent road which is clean bright and friendly!
Wednesday 8 August 2007 12.56am
I know you specified SE1, but as you also mentioned Deptford I thought I'd throw in a personal recommendation for the Deptford (SE8) branch of Safestore. I rented a unit there for a long time - the facility was clean, dry and well-kept, and the staff were friendly. They also have some good introductory offers (though you can probably do better if you get quotes from other places and play them off against each other!)

The other place I'm aware of (but haven't used) is ABC Self Storage, on Ossory Road (off the OKR behind Asda).
Monday 28 February 2011 11.10pm
I've tried all of the above for bigvan. Now I only use ABC on Ossory Road for my personal stuff or my clients. No nonsense, no attitude, easy access, realistic prices.
Friday 24 June 2011 9.16am
Following on from Graham I also recommend ABC Selfstore on Ossory Road. My father-in-law has also used them when he was moving office a while back and they've got a good team there and it seems pretty good value for money too. The full address is:

ABC Selfstore
54-80 Ossory Road
London
SE1 5AN

As taken from their website.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: