Black and white tom cat found

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 3 April 2007 2.08pm
For the past couple of weeks, a black tom cat with white bib, front and socks has decided to make my home his own. He has amazing orange eyes and long white whiskers and eyebrows. He has no collar so I assumed he was stray (though he's obviously not feral as he thoroughly enjoys a tummy rub). Because he gets on quite well with my own black tom, I purchased and fitted a flea collar and allowed him to come and go as he pleases. Yesterday though, the collar was gone so I'm wondering whether he has a perfectly happy home and is cleverly getting double food and cuddles. Does he sound familiar to any forum members? I would hate to offend anyone by placing a collar on their cat but I've experienced a cat flea infestation before and I'm not about to go there again.
Tuesday 3 April 2007 3.56pm
He may just have lost the collar or pulled it off himself if he didn't like it. I did see a lost cat poster recently but I think it was around Guys hospital area. I didnt read it in detail as I havent seen any lost looking cats recently.
Tuesday 3 April 2007 8.12pm
You could try the Pet Physcic on LBC 97.3 fm on a friday night - maybe 'Tiddles' could tell him his owners whereabouts.
I am serious.
Tuesday 3 April 2007 9.20pm
RiaMia wrote:
He has no collar so I assumed he was stray (though he's obviously not feral as he thoroughly enjoys a tummy rub).

Many owners nowadays get a microchip put into their cat which gives the owners details. My own cat has one of these. If you take him to the vet they should be able to scan him to see if he has one fitted.
Tuesday 3 April 2007 11.18pm
You could try one of the spot on flea treatments, that way you are safe from any fleas, but the owner won't need to know and possibly feel offended. However, they aren't cheap.
Wednesday 4 April 2007 12.21pm
Not only expensive, they're not always effective. The flea infestation I suffered occurred whilst I was treating my own cat with Spot On. Admittedly, he spent hours trying to lick the offending lotion away but, as it's ingested, I thought this would just fast track the process. I was wrong and ended up forking out circa 100 in flea bombs, foggers and sprays to get rid of the buggers. This on top of my highly allergic reaction to flea bites led me to abandon nature's way and declare chemical warfare with insect growth regulators. 7.99 for a collar which lasts 12 months - BARGAIN. I'll try a cheaper collar on my new lodger for a while in case the first was lost by accident. Thanks for the suggestions.
Wednesday 4 April 2007 12.33pm
Roy - I'm INTRIGUED! How does it work then? I've christened the new boy Reg (not sure he'd be happy with Tiddles somehow). Neither he nor Rex are lap cats and don't particularly like being handled unless they request it. Would he have to come to the phone? How would the psychic know which cat to "tune in " to? Whilst I've had Rex for 3 years now, he came from a family who moved to New Zealand so they've both got a past.
Wednesday 4 April 2007 12.46pm
Why not buy a cheap cat collar, attach a plastic address capsule to it, and include a bit of paper with your phone number asking any owner to call?

That way, if he does belong to someone, you can explain that he's coming inside your house and you are worried about fleas given your allergies.
Wednesday 4 April 2007 12.50pm
That's an excellent idea and one I'll certainly try. Thanks
Sunday 8 April 2007 1.53pm
If someone has lost him, they may have reportrd it to the RSPCA or even Battersea Dogs Home. I'd call them.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: