"Talking" Cameras

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Wednesday 4 April 2007 11.59am
I see from the BBC news website that these are to be introduced in Southwark. I wonder if these will be mounted on new posts and gantrys along Borough High Street to go with all the others, or whether they could be mounted on the trees of the new Bankside Urban Forest?? It's a funny old world.
I do hope the voices will be less dreary than the one at Borough tube station - "No Smoking Any Whhhare on the Underground"!

Related news & features

Wednesday 4 April 2007 12.28pm
What are they going to say to us, I wonder, "Say cheese"?
Wednesday 4 April 2007 12.31pm
They're gonna shout "SE1-ers, you've had too much cider - go home to bed"
Wednesday 4 April 2007 12.34pm
See BBC News 24 - in Middlesborough they tell litter louts to pick up their rubbish & skate boarders to stop destroying street furniture but my fave was the guy who was told to 'stop climbing on the urban art'. Hope the Southwark loudspeakers are positioned high up on their poles or don't hold out much hope for their survival :-)
Wednesday 4 April 2007 12.57pm
can you imagine after a few beers suddenly hearing "voices" telling you to pick up your kebab wrapper-in fact it could be a really fun job being the voice of CCTV!!
Wednesday 4 April 2007 1.50pm
But the auditions for the job are being targeted at getting children to be the voice(s) of CCTV!
Wednesday 4 April 2007 2.03pm
[/quote longlaner]But the auditions for the job are being targeted at getting children to be the voice(s) of CCTV![/quote longlaner]

Maybe these are going to be different talking CCTV posts, though the Beeb said they are rolling them out to Southwark?

Wednesday 4 April 2007 2.05pm
"You there!, Yes, you! The Blue people. Come down off the side of that building immediately...and stop playing the drums!"

"Thank you for not mugging"...The pissabolities are endless!
Wednesday 4 April 2007 2.17pm
I find the idea of a "respect tsar" - as mentioned in the BBC item - completely risible.
Wednesday 4 April 2007 2.28pm
I find this idea rather scarily like 1984...
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: