Tailor / alterations?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 22 July 2003 4.29pm
I am looking for someone reliable in SE1 to do repairs on a few broken zippers, torn linings, etc. Any suggestions?

Tuesday 22 July 2003 4.45pm
Penelope, That must have been some night out
Tuesday 22 July 2003 5.11pm
Parker and Virgil got carried away.....

Seriously though there is a place on Tower Bridge Road on the left as you're heading towards Long Lane from Bricklayers Arms roundabout - they are very good for alterations and stuff.

David
Tuesday 22 July 2003 7.21pm
There's a very good Turkish lady who does all kinds of alterations at reasonable prices in Surrey Quays shopping centre.
She has a shop next to the shoe repairers on the first floor opposite the cashier desks of Burger King.
Tuesday 22 July 2003 7.23pm
I noticed today that there's a small place that does clothing alterations on the first floor at the Elephant and Castle Shopping Centre.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 23 July 2003 12.52pm
tower bridge road, cleaners near pie shop...

jan
Wednesday 23 July 2003 2.51pm
tower bridge dry cleaners next to barclays bank junction tower bridge road/grange road does all my extensions/tucks beautifully...
Sunday 3 August 2003 5.06am
I need to have a bridesmaid dress altered - does anyone know if any of these people do something that complicated?

Thanks,
K

Post edited (03 Aug 03 06:06)
Friday 19 July 2013 3.12am
You can get Savile Row quality at local prices at a onestop shop called The Cut Express Services in The Cut next to the Young Vic/ Waterloo. Pretty and very experience seamstress. You have to see it to believe it the quality of her works. Highly recommended.
Friday 19 July 2013 5.52am
The dry cleaners on Tower Bridge Road next door to Tesco's, on the corner of Rothsay Street. Their taylor is unbelievable. I have recently used them a lot for alterations and I am very impressed. Also very inexpensive. Highly recommended.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: