Indian Takeaway

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Sunday 8 April 2007 6.56pm
Hi Guys, great forum and as you all sound so well informed I thought you might be able to help me. I am looking for a decent Indian takeaway. I was always a big fan of Simply Indian but have stopped ordering as the last few have been very disappointing - small and not as fresh and well spiced as previously. So, consequently, am looking for other recommendations - any thoughts? Thanks
Monday 9 April 2007 9.42am
oh no. I haven't had Simply Indian in a while but I loved it. Has it really gone down? poo
Monday 9 April 2007 10.14am
Hi
We went to Cafe Nawaz on Snowsfield (behind Guys Hospital) the other night. Great food & friendly staff. A fairly normal Indian menu, but at 20 for 2 (its Bring Your Own Wine), you cant go wrong.
Well worth it
Tuesday 10 April 2007 9.42am
Beetroot - Perhaps we have just been really unlucky but the last two or three times we have had anything from there has been such a disappointment compared to previously. We used to order from there regularly and were always really pleased with it. The food was lovely and fresh tasting and you could taste the fresh blend of spices and fresh coriander used. Friends were also full of praise whenever they were here.

However, the last two or three have been much smaller, the meat has not tasted as good and the spice and herb taste has not been as fresh. Friends who have tried it have been as disappointed as we were.

As I said, perhaps we were just unlucky with the times we have ordered. I will no doubt try it again at some point in the hope that we will once again have the great experiences we used to have.
Tuesday 10 April 2007 9.43am
Cafe Nawaz sounds interesting. Thanks for the recommendation.
Saturday 14 April 2007 7.24pm
Morley Tandoori is fab - talk about tasty and varied - we use it all the time!!

Jenny
Friday 11 May 2007 4.41pm
yennig wrote:
Morley Tandoori is fab - talk about tasty and varied - we use it all the time!!
Jenny

I'll second that -- I must have had an average of 3 or 4 take-aways a month from there in the past few years, and only been disappointed a couple of times (fatty lamb or tough chicken). The prices are unbeatable!
Monday 14 May 2007 8.20am
It's a bit further out than you guys (and gals) normally go for, but try Kennington Tandori at Kennington Cross - mind you distance should not matter as you can phone in an order for home delivery.
Monday 14 May 2007 8.33am
I recommend Cafe Nawaz too. I've been a couple of times, it's really cheap (as already commented) and the waiting staff are always really friendly. And as it's a BYO makes it a cheap night out. Well worth the visit.
Monday 14 May 2007 9.29am
Imperial Tandoori opposite North Lambeth Police Station is excellent, particularly if you want to eat in. Thames Tandoori used to be a big fave, but has been disappointing too many times lately.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: