City Hall litter

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 1 of 6
Monday 9 April 2007 10.33am
Between City Hall and Tower Bridge are a set of world famous images. I just took a few snaps. The Mayor of LondON and Southwark Council must be proud: City HallExhibition Gherkin St Paul's/HMS Belfast The Tower of London
Monday 9 April 2007 10.43am
This was my fear when Potters Field park re-opened, that still no solution would have been created for the amount of litter as your photos excellently reveal.

Though it would appear that most of these bins are on More London property and therefore I think it is their responsibility.
Monday 9 April 2007 10.48am
I walk along there every day at 7am on the way to work. I always see at least 3 guys emptying the bins and using machines to keep the walk way clean.

I suspect the bins have not been emptied because of the bank holiday.

I am not excuses the mess - just pointing out that for 99.99% of the time the area is kept clean.
Monday 9 April 2007 10.49am
It's been the same for ages. I don't know if it's More London between City Hall and Tower Bridge. More London seems to tend their area very well, but who cares? Even if there is some fascinating bureaucratic excuse, it's the Mayor's job to get it fixed. He can see it from his window after all.
Monday 9 April 2007 10.50am
Quote:
I walk along there every day at 7am on the way to work. I always see at least 3 guys emptying the bins

Not at weekends between City Hall and Tower Bridge.
Monday 9 April 2007 10.54am
"On the way to work" = a work day, not weekends
Monday 9 April 2007 10.56am
Quote:
"On the way to work" = a work day, not weekends

Quote:
..just pointing out that for 99.99% of the time the area is kept clean.
Monday 9 April 2007 11.33pm
If there's something positive here, it's that at least people are trying to use the bins rather than just leaving litter everywhere.
Tuesday 10 April 2007 12.59am
Why don't they just provide more bins?
Tuesday 10 April 2007 1.03am
Yes. It's impressive how tourists try to compensate for British indifference to the settings of our own symbols. Maybe the answer is to pay the Tower Bridge beggars to clean the place up at weekends. This evening the bins and piles of garbage by the river had been cleared, but not the identical bins in Potters Field.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
Current: 1 of 6

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: