SE1 Deal Cards

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 10 April 2007 11.29am
Does anyone else have one of these? Gives you discounts in some bars, shops & restaurants & museums and the such like!
It's really good idea but needs more businesses/organisations/places to join up in the area. Would be good to see things like one of the big bike shops join up and offer discounts.
Maybe that's just because I want a new bike though!
Anyway, let me know what you think of the Deal Card if you have one.
Tuesday 10 April 2007 11.32am
Is it the London Bridge BID Company's DealCard you're referring to?
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/2575

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Tuesday 10 April 2007 11.47am
Yes that's the one.
Tuesday 10 April 2007 2.29pm
I have one (via work - I'm at City hall, in more london) but I have to say I am yet to actually use it!
Tuesday 10 April 2007 3.05pm
I have mine through work to, i used mine to get a bagel (bogf) in Hay's.
yas
Saturday 14 April 2007 6.41pm
Why can't there be one for residents?! We paycouncil tax here. Westminster council give a discount card to residents for use at libraries, gyms, museums, etc. We should have the same here. Doesn't seem right to give a discount to only staff working in the area.
Saturday 14 April 2007 10.38pm
Too right Yas,

I have to pay an arm and a leg in council tax, but because I work in Lambeth I'm not entitled.

Completely out of order, if you ask me!
Sunday 15 April 2007 7.41am
There are various offers along the South Bank for residents, not all of which are well advertised.

Ages ago, feeling stroppy about the amount the IMAX were likely to charge me to see a relatively short Natural History Film, when my children were at an age that they were likely to want to leave early, I protested at the fact that as local resident I was likely to be a repeat customer and should not be expected to pay full price. No problem they said...we offer a residents discount.

I have no idea whether this is still the case.
Sunday 15 April 2007 10.05am
Its the companies with the area that are funding the card. But yes I agree, why cant resisdents have one. Having to pay tourist prices for tourist attractions.
Tuesday 12 August 2008 11.28am
My stylist just told me about this card today, as the salon is a member. Here's the website:
http://www.londonbridgebid.co.uk/news.aspx?ss=2&m=21&mi=185&title=DealCard

And here's the sign-up page:
http://www.teamlondonbridge.co.uk/subscribe.aspx?

It says on the sign-up page that it is available to "people who live and / or work in the London Bridge Business Improvement District". (Elsewhere it just mentions people who work in the area.) I signed up and will see if I receive the card! Definitely worth it as the salon alone gives 10% off, plus I notice that some of the other businesses I patronize are members--including On Your Bike.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: