Cheap Honest Electrician

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Tuesday 10 April 2007 1.17pm
Without meaning to upset all the sparkies in the area but does anyone know and cheap, honest electricians? I have only used an emergency electrician (and got well and truly stung), but now I need some lights put up and need a professional!
Wednesday 11 April 2007 11.10pm
surely someone must know!
Monday 16 April 2007 7.31am
Well I need one too, but as there is no response, perhaps none exist?
Monday 16 April 2007 11.02am
They do exist but I do believe I have the only one that is cheapish and very honest and polite etc!!
At the moment he is doing quite a bit of work for me. He is due to work tomorrow and I can ask him if he wants me to give you his details. It took me several attempts but found him by pure chance. Keep you posted!!
Wednesday 18 April 2007 2.00pm
Look forward to hearing his reply!
Thursday 26 April 2007 11.28pm
We have a great local electrician who is cheap and reliable. He is very busy but if you can get him he is good. I.e. He actually showed up when he said he was going to, the final price came out cheaper then his quote and to top it of he was friendly. I am definitely keeping this guys number - 07782108655.
Friday 27 April 2007 11.16am
Last night Smithcai (Caitlin Smith) emailed me asking me to add a link to the website of her Southbank Electrics business - which coincidentally shares the same phone number as the electrician she is so enthusiastically recommending above.

If Caitlin had registered for the forum and replied to this thread explaining her connection with Southbank Electrics that would have been fine and everyone would have been happy.

[ edited Saturday 28 April to be slightly less condemnatory ]

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Friday 27 April 2007 8.03pm
Hi James,

I believe there may have been a small misunderstanding.

The phone number I submitted was the electrician's phone number on both occasions. It is not my company however I offered to make him a website as he does not use computers.

I hope that he will accept my apology as I have made both his company and his name look bad on this site and that was not my intention.

I also believe that I am an honest person. I hope James will consider taking off the last few posts including my recommendation if he deems necessary.

Hopefully other people who have used him in the past will be able to give him the recommendations he deserves.
Saturday 28 April 2007 11.43am
Thanks for the clarification.

Welcome to the forum and I do hope that you will contribute here again in the future.

As your email came from info @ southbankelectrics I think it was reasonable to form the impression that your connection to the business was slightly more than as the satisfied customer you were portraying yourself as on the forum.

I've edited my message of yesterday to take out the most strongly worded bits.

My general message is still (as per the forum rules) that people should be upfront about their affiliation to businesses they write about here.

Having designed a website for a business definitely counts as the sort of affiliation that should be declared.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Tuesday 1 May 2007 1.29pm
I've just been badly let down by an electrician (why do people agree to do things then just not turn up) but have had a heartening conversation with this guy. He answered his phone, was pleasant to talk to and is coming round tomorrow evening to do my small but vital bit of work. Will report back.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: