Finding a doctor

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 10 April 2007 9.55pm
I'm still going to my old doctor, but have been told I need to register with a new surgery now that I've moved to SE1. Does anyone go to a doctor or practice locally which he or she can recommend very enthusiastically?
Tuesday 10 April 2007 11.18pm
The practices here are very oversubscribed, each one (at least in my area) has a map of the area from which they will accept patients. You have to bring in official proof that you live in their zone. Whereabouts do you live? I'm sure someone is nearby and will be able to suggest where you could try. If you are in the Waterloo area then there is the Health Centre on Lower Marsh:

5 Lower Marsh, Waterloo, London, SE1 7RJ
Tel: 020 7928 4049

I also know of one on Columbo Street:
45 Colombo Street, London, SE1 8EE
Tel: 020 7928 6216

but they wouldn't accept me as a patient because I live just outside their boundaries (and I do mean just outside!!)

You can search here with your postcode:

https://www.nhs.uk/England/Doctors/NearestSearch.aspx

Hope this is useful.
Tuesday 10 April 2007 11.26pm
I rate the Grange Road Practice. Bit overcrowded, but the nurse I met for my signing-up appointment was charming and the Doctor also very good. They don't operate appointments so you just turn up between 9-10:30am and 4-6pm (double-check times). Is perfect for me as I live just round the corner and can pop in on the way to work if necessary.

They are meant to be moving over the road into spangly new offices, but for the moment are in an older building.
Tuesday 10 April 2007 11.54pm
You can call NHS direct who will be able to get a GP for you on the spot otherwise all local chemists keep a list of GPs in their areas. My GP surgery is Bermondsey and Lansdowne Medical Mission, 6 Decima St, London SE1 4QX. Tel: 0207 407 0752. I don't know what the service is like as I have never seen my GP other than registering myself with a nurse.
Wednesday 11 April 2007 8.52am
I too use the surgery at Decima Street. They have quite a few doctors so easy to get appointments. I've never had to wait more than a day. Of course never seen the same doctor twice...
Wednesday 11 April 2007 9.08am
I also go to Decima Street and I see the same lovely doctor each time.
Wednesday 11 April 2007 9.40am
See also:
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/health/gps.html

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 11 April 2007 10.54am
I'm with the Princess Street surgery which are going to move next year to the new LSBU building in Borough Road. Depending on where in SE1 you live, I highly recommend them.
Wednesday 11 April 2007 10.57am
I am also with Princess Street Group Practice and can't recommend them highly enough. They're currently underneath Peronnet House but, as Jackie states, will be moving soon.
Wednesday 11 April 2007 12.36pm
There's a thread on here somewhere which I started by asking the same question when I first moved here, sorry I don't have the know-how to link it. I am with Falmouth Road surgery and the doctors there are pretty good I think. The reception staff can be rather fierce though.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: