Free WiFi access?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Wednesday 11 April 2007 10.14am
Wondering if anybody knows of places in SE1 where you can get free Wifi Hotspot access. A coffee shop has just opened up in Brewery Square two doors down from Starbucks where you can log on for free - so no crazy hour/day rates. Does anybody know of any others in the area?
Think the BFI has free wifi in their bar also - would be good to get a list of places together to avoid T-mobile prices.
Sophie
Wednesday 11 April 2007 10.20am
I think that the library in Borough High street is another free Wifi spot. Never used it but was passing by recently and saw the poster in the window.
Wednesday 11 April 2007 10.25am
We have a list of Wi-Fi locations here:
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/restaurants/wifi

I'd like to update it to show which are free and which aren't.

I also want to do another listing for wifi in non-coffee shop type venues such as John Harvard Library.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 11 April 2007 12.33pm
All Southwark libraries provide free wifi access. Not sure about Lambeth as I don't use their libraries.
Wednesday 11 April 2007 4.44pm
I used to have a list of pubs in London which had free wi-fi, but sadly lost.... but I do remember The Mulberry Bush was on it. Not sure if that's still the case or not.

A quick search on google came up with the following website
Which lists several in SE1, including Bankside and Lye Torng
SBR
Wednesday 11 April 2007 9.18pm
I've used the free WiFi at Amano coffee shop before and found it really fast, and I think there's free WiFi in the Duke of York on Borough Road.

I'm not usre about Lambeth libraries but there's free WiFi in the Living Space on Waterloo Road - it even says on the outside that it won a yahoo award for being a god internet cafe!
Wednesday 11 April 2007 9.52pm
I believe there is also free Wi-fi in the Island Cafe on Flat Iron Square/Southwark Bridge Road, and at Cafe Arlington both on Southwark Bridge Road and Blackfriars Road.
Saturday 14 April 2007 12.23pm
Zappomatic, not all libraries in Southwark provide free wifi.

The ones that do are:

Camberwell Library SE5
Dulwich Library SE22
John Harvard Library SE1
Newington Library SE17
Peckham Library SE15
Monday 16 April 2007 2.05pm
James Hatts wrote:
We have a list of Wi-Fi locations here:
http://www.london-se1.co.uk/restaurants/wifi

I'd like to update it to show which are free and which aren't.

There's also the Hartley which doesn't appear on this list. Free.

Also, I went to Coffee@Bermondsey St but couldn't use their wifi as apparently they have a fixed number of access codes and they didn't have any available - this seemed a bit odd when there was only two other laptop users in the place at the time...
Monday 16 April 2007 2.23pm
Thanks; I've added the Hartley to the list.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: