SE1's nicest squares

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Thursday 12 April 2007 1.58pm
What are the nicest squares to live in in & around SE1? In terms of aesthetics / history / location/ anything!
Thursday 12 April 2007 2.07pm
Merrick Square is lovely - I prefer it to next door Trinity Church St...
Thursday 12 April 2007 2.14pm
West Square SE11, just behind the Imperial War Museum, is a delight.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Square
Thursday 12 April 2007 2.18pm
Ooh I just remembered there's a lovely square near Vauxhall, Bonnington Sq I think it's called.
Thursday 12 April 2007 3.37pm
I vote for Merrick Square as well it really is a nice sq and lovely houses round there also
Thursday 12 April 2007 3.47pm
I was left breathless running through Trinity Church Square for the first time, last Saturday. Gets my vote.
KM
Thursday 12 April 2007 3.59pm
Not quite SE1 but I've always lusted after a house in Cleaver Square - virtually no traffic or tall buildings :-)
Thursday 12 April 2007 5.19pm
KM wrote:
Not quite SE1 but I've always lusted after a house in Cleaver Square - virtually no traffic or tall buildings :-)
......and a great pub where you can take your pint outside and play boules on the square...now that's perfect on a sunny day.
Thursday 12 April 2007 6.20pm
Cleaver Square Kennington is Gorgeous.
We had lunch there for my husband's bday last July with a few friends sat outside the pub on a hot day, it was so peaceful.
I also love West Square- although it's slightly spoiled by the nasty modern stuff in one corner.
Thursday 12 April 2007 8.29pm
Thorburn Square? A lovely high victorian church surrounded by an excellent example of 60s/70s social housing utopian 'habitation'.

The council was fore-sighted enough to clear the square of all the tumbly-down victorian villas surrounding the church.

The surrounding intact streets are to become a conservation area i hear...
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: