Pubs - help anyone?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 13 April 2007 12.53pm
We are a small theatre group in SE1 called the Network Theatre situated underneath Waterloo Station on Lower Road - you may have heard of us!

Anyway, I didn't know what to put in the 'Subject' (and, I am still thinking as I type)of this thread because what I am looking for is a pub or place where we can gather at times to go through our lines when in our rehearsal period and when our theatre is being used. I don't mean standing up and performing the lines - I mean a pub with a corner or two where we can huddle together, drink and practise our lines without annoying any of the other patrons.
Or would anyone know of a pub/ establishment with a room for hire that we could use - we have a very, very tight budget keep in mind.
Here's hoping!
Kind Regards,

Friday 13 April 2007 4.26pm
A while ago I made a film and the Stamford Arms on Stamford Street (so pretty close to Waterloo) very kindly let me use their upstairs bar to film in. You could try them - they might let you use it when they aren't using it (I don't think they use it all the time) or just let you use a corner. I don't have a number any more but i think it will be on this site somewhere.
Friday 13 April 2007 5.20pm
Thanks ever so much - I will investigate!

Friday 13 April 2007 5.36pm
Try The Leather Exchange on leather market street. They have an upstairs area for parties etc. but they may let you use it when not booked
Friday 13 April 2007 5.39pm
I'll have a look at that one too!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: