Washing machine repairs

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 14 April 2007 5.53pm
Does anyone know of a reliable washing machine repairer in the Borough? Our kitchen is currently full of smoke and the smell of burning rubber following a very noisy spin!
Saturday 14 April 2007 7.37pm
Anyone? Any pointers very gratefully received.
Saturday 14 April 2007 7.40pm
Why don't you rent with Box Clever - I've been renting for years because I was faced with the same problems as yourselves. If they go wrong, you call up and somebody comes to fix it or replace it. No probs - I would never go back. Been renting now for probably 20 yrs!!!!
Sunday 15 April 2007 6.40am
Looks interesting. Thanks for the suggestion.
Sunday 15 April 2007 7.34am
These people fixed our oven:

http://www.domex-uk.co.uk/

They're Londonwide, not local, but they did a brilliant job and the pricing was very reasonable indeed. I have no idea if everyone has the same experience but, based on mine, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.
Sunday 15 April 2007 2.46pm
My washing machine broke down 2 weeks ago. I was also desperate to find somebody who would fix it. After the quotes around 60 for call out + other labour I decided to try freecycle.
Yesterday we delivered the washing machine (free and in a perfect working state)someone from Dulwich offered on freecycle. I am so happy. It is even better than the old one.
I know I did not help you, but try freecycle. Good luck.
Sunday 15 April 2007 8.02pm
All good ideas. First thing tomorrow, I will be on the case. Meanwhile, mountain of washing grows!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network