Future of the Waterloo Health Centre

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 20 April 2007 7.20am
The Founders Place Planning Inquiry has clarified that the Primary Health facilities to be provided in the development will be a GPs surgery. This facility was included when the developers decided to buy the Holy Trinity Centre three years ago, and therefore expand the size of the scheme.

I think I am right in saying that there have been concerns about the future of the Waterloo Health Centre based in Lower Marsh. My recollection was that it is on a relatively short lease, and that a few years back there was local discussion about how important it was that the health centre was accessible and close to local facilities. This has now been confirmed to me by someone whose memory is better than mine.

If Primary Health Facilities are approved as part of the Founders Place proposals currently being considered in the Inquiry, I assume it is possible that seven years down the road (the length of time it will take to complete the development)people who are concerned about the location of the clinic may find that the deal is done.

Obviously there would be benefits about being right opposite the hospital. And it may be that this facility will be additional and to serve Waterloos growing population.

I assume that this is something that can be covered by one of the Waterloo organisations who plan to speak at the Inquiry.

Sarah

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: