Borough Post Office to close

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 1 of 5
Saturday 21 April 2007 8.11pm
Oh DEAR! It's such a lovely post office, and it's closing...I'm gutted.
Saturday 21 April 2007 8.19pm
Which one is it? The one near London Bridge stn or one down the other end of BHS i.e. near Borough stn?
Saturday 21 April 2007 8.47pm
The Borough one.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Saturday 21 April 2007 11.21pm
Surely no shop in the area will be able to cope with the queue that often forms in this post office?
Sunday 22 April 2007 11.34am
The staff are always charming and efficient, even though the customers are sometimes disruptive and difficult. No-one from this forum obviously.
Sunday 22 April 2007 4.33pm
jackie rokotnitz wrote:
Oh DEAR! It's such a lovely post office, and it's closing...I'm gutted.
And usually so much quieter and more civilised than the one further up Borough High Street towards London Bridge.

There used to be a sub-post-office on my street in SE5 (before I lived here) but now it's part of the local Costcutter. I wonder if Borough Costcutter might end up taking on this one.
Monday 23 April 2007 12.10pm
I hope the London Bridge one will start opening weekends, then.
Monday 23 April 2007 11.03pm
Anyone remember the Elephant & Castle post office?
Anyone see the queues on the Walworth Road PO?
Monday 23 April 2007 11.11pm
I have been going to the post office at Charing Cross. It's easier for me cause I live so near London Bridge and kinda door to door from stn to stn by train in 10 mins. The queques long and customer service in London Bridge very slow and am too lazy to walk all the way down to the other end of BHS. Charing Cross has over 10 counters and despite the queques, it's really quick. Then it's to soho or chinatown for some good food.
Tuesday 24 April 2007 4.46am
Gosh, sledge hammers and nuts come to mind...a TUBE journey to the Post Office for heaven's sake, things are getting ridiculous. I did indeed try getting into the Walworth Road the other day - but fled in horror. So I'll buy my stamps at the corner shop and put a day aside if I need anything Post Office related.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 Next
Current: 1 of 5

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network