London Dungeon

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 31 July 2003 10.59am
Why don't the owners of the London Dungeon manage the crowds and queues that gather outside there everyday? The rubbish they produce is getting unbeliveable and lays all around the entrance until the street cleaners come the next morning. The queues snake haphazardly up along the pavement often forcing the local workers and residents to step onto the road to get around them...plus the queues often block one of the main entrances to London Bridge station.

Can't the owners employ a couple of litter pickers to tidy up all the crap left by their customers? Also what's so difficult about setting up some roped cordons to control the queue?

Does anyone know who I could write to?

Thursday 31 July 2003 11.16am
your right Jonathan I saw all the people outside the L.D yesterday too, they definitely need some sort of crowd control, the crowd was meandering along the pavement. at least with some sort of barrier a more established queue would result.

After all Mc.Donald's used to employ people to collect litter from outside their stores, so why not L.D.? mind you if the council supplied larger bins that were more noticeable it may help.
Perhaps with a design on that would attract children and encourage them to place their litter in the lions mouths ( no not the childrens heads!)

jan
Thursday 31 July 2003 9.54pm
moan MOAN MOAN MOAN MOAN MOAN MOAN MOAN MOAN MOAN

why dont the council sort it for me MOAN MOAN MOAN

why dont the council sort it for me MOAN MOAN MOAN MOAN MOAN MOAN

WHY DONT THE COUNCIL SORT IT FOR ME MOAN MOAN MOAN MOAN
MOAN MOAN MOAN MOAN

WHY DONT YOU JOIN YOUR COMMUNITY COUNCIL FORUM AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT YOUR SELF RATHER THAN

MOANING MOANING MOANING

TAKE SOME RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR MOANING MOANERS
Friday 1 August 2003 9.20am
constructive criticism is alive and well.....
Friday 1 August 2003 9.29am
Write to the manager of the London Dungeon and the Council.
Friday 1 August 2003 10.01am
I dont think the council should have to clean this one. I think that they should inforce by-laws making London Dungeon clean it all up and fine them heavily if they dont. Then maybe they could spend up money on the awful roads around the area. Hell, not like London Dungeon dont charge enough....

hey_lc - I would join the council but I find that Im far too honest and find lying very difficult to do on an almost permanent basis.
Friday 1 August 2003 12.34pm
It took me a while, but I managed to track down an email address for the owners/management of the London Dungeon. I have written to them to complain about the rubbish and asked them if they intend to do anything about it. Let's see what their response is (if any). Also pointed them to the forum ;0)
Friday 1 August 2003 1.21pm
Tizzy,

Can you post the email address here please - I'd like to write to them too.

Thanks

Friday 1 August 2003 2.12pm
Jonathan,

Here is it: dungeons@merlinentertainments.biz

Tiz.
Friday 1 August 2003 4.28pm
I don't know who to lobby , but I'd have thought the answer would be for London Dungeon and other property owners/occupiers on the east side of Borough High Street to become part of the Better Bankside business improvement district, and use this as a means to pay for additional bins/sweeping as seen around the Tate and Borough Market.

The current arbitrary boundary for the BID
http://www.betterbankside.co.uk/map.htm
along the middle of the Borough High Street appears to have arisen because all points east were part of the separate Pool of London Partnership regeneration initiatives, and the two schemes were trying not to overlap. However, PLP has a limited lifespan.

I cannot see how its possible to operate in this way for the longer term - the issues of bringing Borough High Street's shops back to life, the pedestrian approaches to London Bridge Station and the stresses caused by the increase in riverside tourist attractions have to be looked at all together.

Post edited (02 Aug 03 10:15)
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: