Independent Volkswagen mechanic

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 23 April 2007 10.04am
could anyone recommend a reliable VW mechanic locally? It needs to be one that has the computer they plug into the car to diagnose error codes when the 'check' light comes on, which mine has.
Thank you
Monday 23 April 2007 1.49pm
I have had VW's for 10 years now and use Millenium in Great Suffolk Street for mine. Nick the man-at-the-desk is very chatty/helpful, they have all the diagnostic gear and they do a good job. A few years ago I had a nightmare experiance at RW Motors when they attempted to change the cambelt of my Passat - and I would not recommend them, and will never go back,- though to be fair to them they are often praised on this forum ( see MOT thread ). And I had a laughably expensive experiance at Alan Day VW dealership, behind the Tate Modern which I used once for the MOT (The girl on the desk actually kept a straight face when she asked for 25 to replace an indicator bulb exclusive of parts and VAT of course).
Tuesday 24 April 2007 2.45pm
Alan Day kindly offered to replace my windscreen wiper blades for 66!
Wednesday 25 April 2007 8.31pm
Thanks Rick - car all booked in so ready to go! Emma, I sympathise - i've tried Pursers (generally pretty hopeless, at worst extremely rude, next to impossible to reach by phone and pricing random, although that did go in my favour once...) and Alan Day (great service but just so expensive) so hence the turn to a non-dealer this time.
Wednesday 25 April 2007 8.39pm
I can recommend Verney Road Garage - near B&Q on the OKR, so just outside SE1. They have diagnostic equipment - I think you'll find all garages do, it's not expensive. They are also friendly, helpful and reasonable.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: