Recommended builders

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Monday 23 April 2007 12.19pm
Can anyone please personally recommend builders in the SE1 area?
Thanks
S
Monday 23 April 2007 12.48pm
I've been looking for builders/plumbers/electrians and have had no joy i'm afraid...it seems they're all fully booked or unreliable!
Monday 23 April 2007 10.30pm
I know one builder. He did my brothers house.He was very happy with high quality of work. Everything was done on time.
Try to call him. Hope you will help you too.
Good luck.
Wednesday 25 April 2007 10.17am
Hi,

I used a builder recommended on this site. He is Bulgarian (I think) and runs a good team who work hard and seem to do excellent work.

Work is done on time, and Vas has a good eye for things, and will suggest changes/improvements as he goes along. The team speak no English, but Vas is always on call as a translator if needed.

FYI: His team did a complete reno of my little 1 bed flat in 4 weeks. New bathroom, kitchen, removed a few walls, fixing plastering in the bedroom and living room, building wardrobes, painting etc. A good complete job, which basically gave me a brand new flat. Good pricing too - and no surprises.

Number is 07884 444 585. No idea about availability, but he runs a pretty large team I think, so he may be available.

Kath
Wednesday 25 April 2007 12.07pm
kmmr wrote:
No idea about availability, but he runs a pretty large team I think, so he may be available.
Kath

Maybe my project was too small, but having agreed a price and a date, Vas failed to turn up as arranged and did not return calls - or maybe he was too darn busy to pick up the phone. I hope everyone else has better luck!
Wednesday 25 April 2007 8.51pm
Simona has made two posts in this forum in the entirety of time. Both of them recommend this same builder.

I'm sure she is going to tell us how much she enjoys Champor Champor next...
Thursday 26 April 2007 4.32pm
I have a fantastic builder working on my flat at the moment. I discovered him via a architect contact on Bermondsey Street. He's probably not interested in anything less than a 25k refurb but if you are wanting someone in that range let me know and i'll give you his number
Friday 27 April 2007 5.57pm
Hello guys:)

I stumble upon the forum having notting better to do, with a beer next to me ,and I think I can give you some basic advice.
Funny how ,having a drink makes me an expert lol

A good builder will never give you a cheap price but a reasonable price if you are lucky.
So next time a tradesman gives a quote that is cheap you should think twice.What you pay is what you get and that is a fair deal.

Regarding the cowboy builders ,yeah there are plenty of them ,being a tradesman is hard work and not everyone can do it.What I think you don't know about is how many cowboys customers are out there,waiting for a nice builder.But you won't hear about it.

btw I am builder.
good luck to you guys and regards
Friday 27 April 2007 6.04pm
What exactly is a "cowboy customer"?
Saturday 28 April 2007 7.50am
OK everyone - I know they are very busy right now, but try Yilmaz from Elite Decoration & Construction. 07876 494411.

They are great. some of the nicest, most friendly guys you could meet. They turn up on time every day, offer good value work and the quality is spot on.

They've done our new bathroom, and start on the new kitchen next week. They can do all building work and plumbing, electrics etc.

I have no connection to these people, only as a happy customer, and I'm happy to recommend. You can even contact me and come and see their work if you like. If you'd liek to see pics of what they did on our house, send me a PM.

They were lovely to my wife when she was pregnant, they are polite, tidy up after themselves and even bought my new baby a card and a present - you don't get that from English builders (they are a Turkish family)!
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: