12th May - Eurovision Song Contest

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Wednesday 25 April 2007 1.20pm
Hi Folks,
Does anyone know of a bar that could/would show the eurovision song contest live on the 12th may (saturday).
I have just been let down by a double-booking and my flat's not big enough.

The one bar on bhs that I know has a screen is already showing other stuff.

Must be gay friendly and local.

cheers (in hope).
Wednesday 25 April 2007 4.19pm
Have you tried The Garrison or the Woolpack on Bermondsey Street as they both have rooms to rent that have wide screen TVs ? I looked at them last year. They were too small for my event but they were reasonably priced. Not sure if they show live TV though.
Wednesday 25 April 2007 6.04pm
...try Village East on Bermondsey Street, they have 'The Little Room' downstairs. A bit corporate perhaps and you may need to have food too as it is more of a private dining room... check out their website.
Wednesday 25 April 2007 6.21pm
hey! that sounds like fun...except we have such a dire song
Wednesday 25 April 2007 6.46pm
thanks deano and thomas, but I'm not after paying for another venue as they'll get the bar takings of course.
good suggestions though and I appreciate it.

I might have found an alternative now, and as there may be a few peeps on here also after a cheesey night (boroughpaul) :-> I'll post details here once properly confirmed, so all can join in.

this year's uk entry is so funny it really has a chance!
Wednesday 25 April 2007 8.43pm
keep us informed!!
Wednesday 25 April 2007 8.51pm
...enjoy the evening Bloggie, hope it's not a crash landing!
Wednesday 25 April 2007 11.19pm
Let me know...quite excited about the UK entry this year. Bad enough to give us a chance of winning !
Thursday 26 April 2007 12.37am
I am having a party with Finnish buffet at my place, but we are full, sorry.
Thursday 26 April 2007 4.48pm
The voting system is so political. It shows that majority of the voters were unable to judge fairly between politics and a well deserved winner of a song contest. People should vote for the best not based on the country where the performers are from. It's more of a comedy than an actual song contest. I hope we score better this year. We didn't deserve a 'nil points'. There were many who performed less well than UK entry that year. Gemini may not be my favourite pair but the criticism they received seemed overdone and unfair, and I really felt for them.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: