Battery recycling

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 26 April 2007 12.53pm
hello. i noticed recently that camden has installed a bunch of battery recycling bins here and there around the borough. are there any in and around se1 yet? if not, are we likely to see any in the near future?

-D.
Thursday 26 April 2007 2.55pm
I've got a box of old batteries which I need to put in a recycling bin.

I don't know of any battery recycling bins in Southwark. I tend to save mine for a visit to the Household Waste Reuse and Recycling Centre at Manor Place Depot
(off Walworth Road)
Monday 28 January 2008 3.08pm
You can now drop batteries off for recycling at John Harvard Library in Borough High Street.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 28 January 2008 3.28pm
You can also send ANY household battery - AAA, AA, C, D, PP3 or button cell to:
Sainsbury's Battery Recycling, FREEPOST ANG20589, PO Box 137, WYMONDHAM NR9 5BR
This freepost address can be used on any Jiffy bag. Batteries should be well wrapped in plastic bag, before they go into the Jiffy bag
Tuesday 29 January 2008 5.00pm
Thanks for this - I had been meaning to ask the same question. John Harvard Library is convenient for me.

On a related note, what are we supposed to do with lightbulbs? I know it's bit thick of me, but I've never been sure whether they are supposed to go in with the normal rubbish.
Tuesday 29 January 2008 5.04pm
I learned last night at Bermondsey Community Council that energy-saving lightbulbs (which contain mercury) can be dropped off at the Manor Place depot.

Wednesday 6 February 2008 12.34pm
Sainsbury's has just informed me that they have suspended their FREEPOST battery recycling scheme. So don't send them your used batteries since I assume they will end up in the bin.
Thursday 3 June 2010 2.24pm
<belated>Boots e.g. at Waterloo market have battery recycling bins.
Thursday 3 June 2010 2.29pm
M&S Simply Food at Bankside also has a receptacle for battery recycling

Thursday 3 June 2010 10.41pm
Sainsbury and Tesco also have battery recycling bins - usually near customer service counters - just ask at your local shop
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: