Power Cut Long Lane

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 26 April 2007 4.54pm
Anyone know anything about it? It's almost 6pm now and power has been off for about 2 hours, - maybe I should stay at work for a while
Thursday 26 April 2007 4.57pm
Statement given to me by EDF Energy an hour ago - as it seemed to be under control it didn't seem worth a news item, but if it's still ongoing now...

EDF Energy wrote:
A fault on a high voltage underground cable interrupted electricity supplies to approximately 1,871 customers in the Bermondsey area at 3.49pm today (26th). EDF Energy Networks engineers restored power to 1,117 customers within three minutes and a further 57 customers at 3.59pm. We are endeavouring to restore supplies to the remaining 697 customers as quickly and safely as possible.
EDF Energy Networks apologises to all of our customers who have experienced any inconvenience as a result of this incident.

Please let us know when the power finally comes back on!

Any other updates/info welcome to help work out the extent of the affected area.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Thursday 26 April 2007 5.02pm
I'm in Long Lane. The power cut lasted few minutes but my entire file was wiped out as I was typing and did not save it earlier. Hope it's back at your place.
Thursday 26 April 2007 5.34pm
Still off at 6.30 and EDF say approximately 7pm for us. Fortunately the sun is still shining, and we can bbq in the garden if they are wildly off the mark
Thursday 26 April 2007 8.20pm
Ours came back on at 7pm ... but the infuriating thing is that now I'll never know whether they did Escape to the Country ... darnit!
Friday 27 April 2007 8.09am
My 6 year old was most upset by the power cut as none of the things he takes for granted were available to him but we did manage to have an interesting talk whilst the lights were out regarding how people coped in the "old days" before electricity at the flick of a switch.

must admit when EDF were saying they estimated power back by 7 pm i did not think it would be that accurate!!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: