Gay-friendly bars in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Jason
Sunday 13 January 2002 7.39pm
Are there any?
Sam
Sunday 13 January 2002 10.10pm
The Gladstone Arms on Lant Street, just around the corner from Borough station. Its a very friendly local with some true characters. Very mixed -- men and women -- and very small.
Ian
Tuesday 15 January 2002 3.14pm
Se1 is a big area but I would suggest that you pop-into the "Gladdy" as it's known by many and see what you think. It can be very cliquey at times, but it is usually friendly. Watch out for Camilla aged 88 who has drank there for nearly 40 years! You won't be able to miss her either at the bar sipping whisky or creaming the jackpot off the fruit machine.
Sam
Tuesday 15 January 2002 7.16pm
It really is worth going there to chat to Carmilla.

She probably won't chat back.

But it's worth going anyway.
Ian
Wednesday 16 January 2002 11.10am
Hi Sam, I agree it is worth the trip but Carmilla will chat to most of the guys there....even me! A whisky usually oils the vocal chords I find.
Justin
Monday 21 January 2002 8.53pm
I typed \\\'bars\\\' into scoot, and it gave me the option to choose gay bars .. I was surprised to the extent of the list. However I am aware of the Jubilee Tavern by Waterloo station, and the Fort on Grange Road if you really like to slum it. It is a shame that The Bridge, near London Bridge closed, as the roast and bottle of wine for 2 on Sundays was a real favourite of mine!!
Friday 3 January 2003 2.10pm
Just saying we had a really good New Years Eve there the other night. Really glad Sean and Paul returned to run it in the autumn after a few months away over the summer - its back to its old self: a well run, friendly local pub, with reasonable prices.
Friday 17 January 2003 9.54pm
The Bridge? Never heard of it. Is it still open? Where is it?
Saturday 18 January 2003 1.17pm
The Bridge closed down a while ago, it is now called the Czar bar or something like that (St Thomas Street, near junction with Bermondsey Street) but is not gay.
Monday 20 January 2003 4.05pm
The gladstone also has the only free juke box i've seen in london.

Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: