New to SE1, Long Lane

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 1 May 2007 12.21pm
For about a month or so, moved to Long Lane, SE1, in the new development called Empire Square. Are there any residents of the development who are members of this site?
It would be nice to get to know the place, and get people's feedback on how they think the area seems to be.

Jay
Tuesday 1 May 2007 12.46pm
Look in the Socials section - there's an SE1 social coming up and you'll meet lots of SE1 folk ... not necessarily living in Empire Square but they have lots of opinions on living and working in SE1
Tuesday 1 May 2007 2.00pm
Hallo Jay,

I moved to Empire Square in November and lived in SE1 since 2000 so might be able to help with some questions.

Julie's right, the socials are a great place to start regarding finding out more about the fun and larks to be had living in SE1. Admittedly I've not been to one of the socials (part-shyness and part busy bee) but I know someone who has and they sound like good fun.

Hope you're liking your new home.
Wednesday 2 May 2007 9.14am
Hello Scramp!

Glad to get a reply from someone else in Empire Square.

If I managed to read through the posts, is the social being planned for the 15th?

I am still getting used to SE1, having moved from NW1 and Cambridge previously. So far, it all feels very 'urban'. Like the fact, that the river is never too far away.
Jac
Wednesday 2 May 2007 10.49am
Yes the social is on 15th May at the leather Exchange on leather market street. Less than 10 mins walk from Empire square so no excuses. I first went to a social 3 years ago there and now have many local friends. I know someone who lives in Empire square who doesnt post on the forum I'll see if I can persuade them to come too. Scamp try get over the shyness, many of us have felt the same I was terrified the first time going up to a bunch of strangers and saying are you the SE1 people, but im sure like me you won't look back. Look forward to meeting you.
Wednesday 2 May 2007 1.33pm
15th sounds good actually, I'll come along. Any tips on how to recognise the gang?
Jac
Wednesday 2 May 2007 2.18pm
we'll think of something. Keep an eye on the thread. I seem to recall one time having to look out for a large red bag!
Wednesday 2 May 2007 10.13pm
Hello Scamp, Hello BoroughJay

I also moved into Empire Square in November last year (with BoroughMark !!) perhaps we have all met in the lift and dont know it !

The social sounds a good idea - the Leather Exchange is a nice pub (if only it had a garden !!) - let us know if you fancy a beer !

Paul
Thursday 3 May 2007 11.28am
Hello BoroughPaul,

I see a trend in the name we have chosen :)

I would quite like to meet for a beer, and if one likes real ale, this area is pretty good for it, given that there's the Market Porter, The George and the Royal Oak next door.

Jay
Thursday 3 May 2007 3.13pm
Hallo BoroughBoys,

Looks like i'll be changing my username to BoroughScamp!

I think we all ought to make a concerted effort to go to the social then and put names to faces. If you can't make that I'm always up for a crafty drink in the Royal Oak.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: