Ha-Noi on Westminster Br Rd

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 1 May 2007 5.55pm
I'm a big fan of Vietnamese food having recently been introduced to some places on Kingsland Rd in shoreditch. However that is a bit of trek to go to for a last minute bite to eat.

So I was wondering has anyone been to Ha-Noi on Westminster Bridge Road and if so, what was it like?
Wednesday 2 May 2007 9.36am
Went some time ago. Can't remember much, but I think it was reasonable. There's also the William for Vietnamese food(no connection to either - but I have written a review of The William in the restaurant section)

...if you press it, they will come.
Thursday 3 May 2007 3.16pm
Thanks Ivanhoe,

I did get a take away from The William or Pacific something take away, but when it was delivered it was stone cold and they couldn't find my flat. I imagine eating in is better but the experience sort of put me off.

I shouldn't be so stubborn!
Thursday 3 May 2007 4.37pm
Had a similar experience (at the William) myself once, but we're only round the corner, so now I ring up and then draw lots with Mrs I to see who goes round to pick the food up.

If you go to Ha-Noi, do put a review up if you don't mind. It's been ages since I've been, and you've now put it back into my mind.

Thursday 3 May 2007 5.09pm
Will do, although I am a creature of habit these days, so can see myself sticking to the place I found in Shoreditch. There's a street with about 10 Vietnamese places there along a 100m stretch. The one i've been to a few times was a a BYO place but the food was superb - I'd go as far to say the best food I have eaten in ages. No connections blah blah!
Thursday 3 May 2007 5.23pm
If you mean the area not too far from Columbia Rd (I think it's Kingsland St, but am probably wrong), then I'd recommend a walk round the Geffrye Museum to aid digestion afterwards. It's a cracking little place, and there are several Vietnamese places on the road leading to it (whose name I can't remember. I'm normally a bit more helpful than this, honest).

Thursday 3 May 2007 6.12pm
Yeah that's the place. It's Kingland Rd, just up from Liverpool St. I actually walk there on a nice day, it's only about 45 mins and much better than getting public transport. We usually stop of in Cafe Kick for a game of table soccer.

Will look out for the museum - thanks.

The Vietnamese place over there that I go to is called the Tay Do cafe if you're interested.
Friday 4 May 2007 12.31am
Barbeque pork marinated with lemon grass served in glass noodle (sometimes called bean thread noodles) Yum yum!
Saturday 24 November 2007 11.22am
Does anyone have any comments on Ha Noi? What sort of price is it?
Saturday 24 November 2007 11.59am
I'm a big fan of vietnamese food.
I usually go to cay tre on old street which does the beef barbeques and good phos(big bowl of soup which you tear herbs into along with lime juice and beansprouts).
I've been to ha-noi and had some deliveries from them ; very variable quality and not a patch on the Kingsland Road lot.
Didn't it use to be called saigon and its changed owners recently?
I thinks its ok but there are better.
There is one in soho that is a godsend as its cheap and central just behing spamalot. thinks its call viet cafe and its byo.
Have the pancake and a beef pho. yum.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: