Bermondsey Sq redevlopment & Jam Factory

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 6 August 2003 9.46am
I'm new here, so please excuse me if this has been discussed before.

I've bought a property at the Jam Factory and I've heard people mention that the Bermondsey Square area is being redevloped. Any idea what is in store and where I can see the plans?

Any other Jam Factory residents registered here?

Regards

Wednesday 6 August 2003 10.22am
Also look at http://www.london-se1.co.uk/forum/read/1/4798 for details of the BS development.
Tuesday 12 August 2003 3.42pm
Ask around for Mark and Nina, they've just moved from Bermondsey Square to the Jam factory, so can tell you all. There may still be copies of the now approved application for the Square at the John Havard Library in Borough High Street
Tuesday 12 August 2003 3.45pm
Chris,

As local residents we want you also to be covered by our discussions with the Jam Factory developers... you will soon have another block going up and a car park for 220 cars.

We want the noise/dust to be controlled so that ALL residents both in and out of the development have a say in how their lives are affected.

David
Sunday 17 August 2003 1.09am
There was recently a meeting between the jam factory developers and local residents - a very well attending meeting facilitated by the West Bermondsey Community Forum and chaired by Cllr Richard Thomas. Miller Sinclair has put into place a complaints procedure which has yet to be proven to be effective work but at least it's in place. There are a few key local residents doing a lot of work on behalf of local people - if anyone wants to be put in touch with them / find out what was discussed at the meeting, email me at WBForum@tiscali.co.uk or call the West Bermondsey Community Forum on 020 7403 1676. Kate
Friday 22 August 2003 12.13pm
Went to a presentation on Bermondsey Street a few months ago by Urban Catalyst (architect) who I understand are managing the design etc... They have a website - just search on Google...
Thursday 28 August 2003 8.44am
chris, am also a future Jam Factory resident and new on this site.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: