Recycling Computers?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 6 August 2003 12.36pm
I work for a small office in Borough High Street which needs to get rid of 5 old PC's. Does anybody know of recycling firms who will collect as we have no transport without charging. The local council won't recycle plastic (which is odd)

The PC's are in working order so maybe someone could suggest a charity who could make use of them but mainly they would be good for parts/scrap. We also would love to find someone who recycles VHS's and CD's including their boxes.

Wednesday 6 August 2003 1.20pm
There is a charity which recycles pc's and laptoms for children with disabilities who use them for communication. I will find their name and let you know. I used them some time ago for one of my children and they were very helpful. I need to contact them anyway as I have two other children with disabilities who are now in need of there own laptop.
Wednesday 6 August 2003 1.28pm
Just found them Lucy. The Aidis Trust: 1 Albany Park, Cabot Lane, Poole, Dorset, BH17 7BX

Email : info@aidis.org hope this is helpful.
Thursday 7 August 2003 10.41am
http://www.itforcharities.co.uk/pcs.htm

Has a list of charities which make use of old pcs. I've donated to computer-aid.org who are a very professional setup.
Tuesday 12 August 2003 2.42pm
I work for an organisation called, London Community Recycling Network in E1. We have some local computer recyclers among our Members that collect and recycle computers. I have listed a few below:

Green-Works, Tel. 020 7401 5409, London SE1 7NQ
OFFERS, Tel. 020 7703 5222, London SE15 6LA
Computer Aid International, Tel. 020 7281 0091, London N19 4NF

If you like further information please contact me (Ms Majbritt Chambers) on 020 7053 2120 or visit our website www.lcrn.org.uk

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: