Taking Babies Swimming

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 9 May 2007 12.19pm
Has anyone got any ideas where I can take my baby boy swimming? I tried the small pool at Camberwell leisure centre but it was just too cold, so I aborted before I put him in!

I really need a small pool that's baby-friendly warm, and has bit steps to go in, not the standard 'adult' steps in, as it's too complicated with a 3 month old in arms.

My local pool (Seven islands) doesn't have a small pool.

Thanks
Wednesday 9 May 2007 12.38pm
Have you tried The Latchmere, off Battersea Park Road? They usually have parents and baby swims on a Monday and Thursday. It's a little far from SE1 but it is baby friendly.

www.dcleisurecentres.co.uk/Centres/Greater+London/LATchmere+Leisure+Centre/index.html
Wednesday 9 May 2007 12.49pm
Guys Hospital have a kiddies pool- you have to be part of a course I believe, and Darwin Court just off the Old Kent Road have a kiddy friendly pool
Wednesday 9 May 2007 1.07pm
The Latchmere is on the 344 bus route. It is crawling with toddlers (apt metaphor!).

I got one of those baby seat things like a rubber ring which the baby sits in, which was great. It meant I could swim and push the baby ahead of me, which the baby thought was funny.

The nicest place in summer is Tooting Lido. A bit of a trek but as well as the Lido there is a big grassy area for picnics, and a childrens paddling pool and a cafe. Arrive early though on sunny weekends.

Brixton Lido was also nice, though from memory it only had a plastic blow up paddling pool and the water never looked too clean.
Thursday 10 May 2007 9.43am
they're currently doing up the Lido in Brockwell park (the Brixton on), which is pretty hopeful for this summer...

http://thelido.co.uk/
Friday 11 May 2007 8.38am
The Sarah wrote:
It is crawling with toddlers.

I don't have much experience with babies, but don't toddlers toddle?
Friday 11 May 2007 11.34am
Charlton Lido is another nice open air pool only open in summer. The baby splash pool sits next to the main pool so its length is equivalent to the width of the big pool. You can sunbathe and there's a park style cafe/snack bar inside. Lovely when it's hot though wasps can be a problem due to sticky ice lolly wrappers in the bins.
Saturday 12 May 2007 1.16pm
seven islands near canada water has a baby pool and a main pool or wavelengths in deptford that has a couple of small pools aswell

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: