Stolen Bike

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 7 August 2003 12.02pm
I know this is a long shot, but here goes.... much cherished Dawes Diploma bicycle was stolen this morning (it was secured with a 'D' lock). It is a modern looking sit-up-and-beg City bike, tan coloured, with seven-speed rear wheel hub gears. It has a distinctive black cage-like shopping basket over the front wheel - it was stolen just behind Borough High Street at about 0830am on 7 August. If anybody happens to see it (there aren't many of these bikes around London) could they please let me know via email.

It was stolen with the 'Squire' brand D lock still intact. So if you see an abandoned black metal D lock, that might be helpful too.

many thanks,

Thursday 7 August 2003 12.44pm
So you locked it up but not locked to anything? I doubt youll see it again as the Police have cycle theft at priority 0 (the same as breaking into a motor vechicle)
Thursday 7 August 2003 2.36pm
sayonara bike
Monday 11 August 2003 1.54pm

It may be of some small comfort, but i had a bike stolen a few years ago and it turned up again after 12 months or so in reasonably good nick not too far away from the original point of departure. I had to saw through the bugger's lock though!

You may see it again...

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: