Missen family

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 11 May 2007 10.29pm
Hello everyone

My name is David and I hail from Burtonwood in Warrington.

However, my wife Fiona's family (on her dad Ron's side)come from Southwark, Walworth, Elephant and Castle, Old Kent Road, SE17 etc (my geography is hopeless but these are just some places Ron used to talk about - they could be miles apart or in the same street?).

I am trying hard to trace some of my wife's roots. Unfortunately, Fiona only knows snatchings about her dad's family. A positive though, is that Ron left her dozens of old photos from 1920's to 1940's taken in SE17 are -he just neglected to write who and where most of them are on the backs.
Ron's name was Wilkinson and he was born in 1921. His mum was Alice Wlikinson(nee Missen)born in 1882 and died in 1949 (Alice had an older brother Alfred b 1880, a sister Jane Ann and other siblings). Ron had brothers John, Tom, Eric, Sid and Bobby all born between 1909 and 1924. They lived in a flat at Rodney Place Building after moving from Munton Road where he was born. I have Ron's class photo from 1927 at Victory Place school when he was six yrs old. I have pictures of Rodney Place Building and many more.

Is there a genealogical online group just for the SE1 area where members can share photos and exchange thoughts and feedback on family history etc?

In fact, now that I have written the above, I may as well ask for a bit of feedback here. Does the Missen/Wilkinson family ring any bells with anyone out there?
Kind regards
David

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network