Drug dealer moved in!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 15 May 2007 12.50pm
Hi Everyone
Ive heard through the grapevine that a drug dealer has moved into the flats above the shops on Great Suffolk Street. Apparently above Erics fruit and veg, the bookies, florist, Terrys etc that row of flats.

I live in the Scovell Estate just behind that and before being told did notice the alley was housing a few move people and weird times than normal. HAs anyone else noticed this?

Also on Saturday night at 8.30pm my partner was coming home from work and noticed strange going-ons in the alley between a girl and a man who he says looked like junkies. They parted and as he walked past they split and trapped him, but he managed to get out of the situation.

I wanted to know if anyone else noticed anything lately and also what to do about it?????
Tuesday 15 May 2007 12.58pm
Sounds like something you should be discussing with the Cathedrals ward Safer Neighbourhoods Team
020 8721 2801
07766 443043
Cathedrals.SNT@met.police.uk

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Tuesday 15 May 2007 1.14pm
The main thing, after contacting the Safer Neighbourhood Team, is to keep a diary of even the most trivial-seeming incidents or sightings including timings and descriptions of the people involved and what they are wearing. But keep safe!
It's necessary to build up a body of evidence and this can take forever. It is quite tedious to do and easy to get obsessed, but it does eventually work. Thanks for the tip -off.
Contact your Tenants association too.
Tuesday 15 May 2007 1.28pm
Thanks for that. Thankfully we have also got a wee man on the estate who has a camera on the alley who might be worth chatting too. I dont want to alarm people as it might just be gossip but i think ive noticed a number of strange people since ive been told. Ill monitor for a while before doing anything else i think
Wednesday 23 May 2007 3.04pm
Sorry to hear you have problems. I am sorry to say I think drug dealers in my block may have moved some of their business to Great Southwark St ( The tenants hAVE BEEN EVICTED from our block a few weeks ago though have not physically left the buliding yet) I have seen some of the regular customers to our block on Great Suffolk Street as you have described. This eviction was greatly hampered by Octavia Housing but was sucessful with the help ( after 6 years of tenents fighting it) by The Community Police of Catherderals Ward. AS James has sugested I would contact them. Direct numbres I have are 0208 217 6383 and 0207 232 6181. They also have a mobile number so youcan contact them as you witness events.

Hope it helps and sorry for your troubles
Thursday 24 May 2007 7.31am
I really think the drug issue in society to-day is not working.
The help available for addicts to come off drugs may well work if they have only been on drugs a short while, and even then is notoriously difficult to arrange and get.

I have watched peoples lives being destroyed over the years through this social cancer. One young man, well he's now 31 has been in so many programmes , he is very articulate and some how or another has retained his nice clean looks.
He has had methadone ( which he sold for the drug of his choice!) the latest he has told me is Subutex (?)

He has been in and out of prison for shoplifting, his girlfriend also on drugs promises sex to guys, takes them around the corner and the would be customer is threatened by the other to pay up or else!

Why is there not areas that can provide all the drugs they want, in safety for them and society around them? Outer hebrides somewhere...
I dont know if it is true but he told me if a G.P. has an addict on his books he gets an additional amount, plus extra for any prescription he writes. He is now applying for a free bus pass and Disability Living Allowance.
Him and his girlfriend have been re-housed twice in the past three years. They had a beautiful flat in a victoria house, but after fellow druggies and dealers called to ply their wares , were eventually evicted much to the relief I suspect to the other owner residents!

Lets hope that your new residents get moved as quickly!

They were then given a flat at lewisham, been evicted and have been told told they can now have a flat at Brixton..
Before any one condemns these two people I know that they both had terrible terrible lives and drugs gave them that relief they needed at 14!

Blimey i done it again waffling...
Thursday 24 May 2007 8.32am
I do feel sorry for the two people you talk about. At the end of the day we all have to live on this planet and I agree to a certain degree that they should be given a place that is safe where they can go and take drugs and live the rest of us to walk the street feeling safe. As you probably know the scovell is full of older people and i just feel so sorry for them that they are going to feel even more threatened and scared to leave their homes. And we all know, these druggies will rob whoever to get money to buy drugs and im just so worrried and not looking forward to the day i turn into that little alley and see one of my eldery neighbours lying robbed injuried or maybe dead for the sake of the tiny pension.

Thanks for all the advice I shall keep an eye

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: