Power cut 11pm

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 15 May 2007 10.13pm
That was odd. Here on the New Kent Road we just lost our electricity for 10 mins. I noticed the Heygate had gone off too. All back now.
Tuesday 15 May 2007 11.15pm
Spoke too soon, it went off again at 11.20 and only just came back on.
Wednesday 16 May 2007 9.23am
Surely not that odd. Don't they just happen? I've never had one in 8 years but someone told me it's because I'm next to Guy's hospital.
Wednesday 16 May 2007 9.29am
If you have never had one in 8 years, doesn't show that it is indeed odd? Anyway, my freezer didn't defrost so all is well.
Wednesday 16 May 2007 9.47am
No I mean I'm in a funny area that seems to not have them. I'm told it's an area very close to the hospital. I've got a friend on Lant St and he has them, and a friend on Camberwell Green that has more than her fair share. I've lived in many parts of London and this is the only place I've never had one.
When I was a kid they were really exciting. Playing cards by candlelight. Not sure I'd feel the same now though.
Wednesday 16 May 2007 10.18am
I live in the Shadwick Sq development (between Falmouth Rd and Spurgeon St) and we lost power then too... happens semi-regularly! The really annoying thing is that it resets eveyrone's alarms, which take ages to go off afterwards...
Wednesday 16 May 2007 8.46pm
OK I guess I must have been lucky so far. I have been here (corner of NKR and Falmouth St) for just over a year, and it was the first one.
ADT
Thursday 17 May 2007 8.54am
We've been around TBR/Bricklayers in various places for nearly 5 years and had probably 5 or 6 power cuts - although several of those were grouped closely together so may have been related.

They'll become a much bigger problem if the green element of government keep on going with increasing the percentage of renewable energy generation over fossil fueled/nuclear power without changing the network structure.
Thursday 17 May 2007 9.46am
Once we get twenty thousand more residents in our area the overburdening of the services, electricity and water, is going to prove a REAL challenge...
Thursday 17 May 2007 10.09am
Didn't know we're getting 20 thousand more! Tescos and Sainsburys will have to act quickly and halve they're staff and stock.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: