The Garrison

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next
Current: 1 of 8
bart Monday 11 August 2003 10.00am
Checked out The Garrison the other night- very promising...bit weird getting your bearings with the new layout, but essentially understated cool, some comfy green seats, kitchen on show (delicious, if the snacks were anything to go by), Friendly if slightly overheating staff, white wooden panels and a new space downstairs which could be used for film screenings (we like!).

It was one of the warmest nights of the year, so spent most of it outside. Scotia Bar punters looked a bit peeved at the throng- but there's room for both of them, surely.

Well done Jaime and team to managing to get it together when it looked more like a building site a few days previous!

Here's to more of the same!
Jai Monday 11 August 2003 10.14am
Very very happy with the opening of the Garrison.

Staropramen on tap, Pilsner Urquell and Kirin in bottles... Ketel 1 Vodka, and Hennesy XO just to mention a few.

Very cool looking urinals in the mens room, very cleverly designed, making good use of water from the hand basins.

Clive, stick one of those Ketel 1's in the freezer...

to your success !!!

Varkenslachter
tanya Monday 11 August 2003 11.01am
Went last night and thought it was fantastic.
Great staff, lovely food, nice decor....Well done guys!
sarah Monday 11 August 2003 11.35am
Sat outside on Friday - it felt slightly surreal, not at all like Bermondsey, more like Clapham. Hurrah! At last the sort of drinkery we've been waiting for - wasn't sure if it was open last night, but glad to hear it was. Look forward to going back and trying out the food.
Jonathan Firkins Monday 11 August 2003 12.25pm
Food excellent. Service a little slow but expected given just opened. Good to have a restaurant with a bar where you can feel like just a drink and be comfortable.

WIll be returning.
mapmaker Monday 11 August 2003 3.04pm
No! If I'd wanted to live in Clapham, I'd have moved there... This is Bermondsey getting smarter, splendid!
sarah Monday 11 August 2003 5.23pm
I didn't mean Hurrah it's like Clapham, I meant Hurrah what a great place! - wouldn't want to live in Clapham (full of Claphamites), I just think that we could do with a few more independent, funky bars in Bermondsey.
harry yanos Monday 11 August 2003 5.49pm
Yes, this is bermondsey, not Crouch End on Thames. Come down to the Marigold and integrate with the local community. 'Keep it real on the streets'.
jkd Monday 11 August 2003 8.45pm
well I now know where my man will be each evening with his two fav beers on tap....me thinks a little visit ce soir is in line........pity we're leaving the country shortly and will miss this gem of a place after six happy years.....
bart Tuesday 12 August 2003 10.29am
are you sure he still wants to leave... ;-)

Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next
Current: 1 of 8

To post a message, you must be a registered user. If you are already registered, please log in.

Subscribe now

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,300+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum

Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions