Kennington Village Fete

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 17 May 2007 12.09pm
This weekend is a busy one.

On Sunday, we have one of the highlights of Kennington Social Calender, the Kennington Village Fete.

If dry it takes place in Cleaver Sq, one of Kennington's nicest squares, and as well as the usual stalls will feature cafes from two of the areas long-established and favourite restaurants (the Kennington Tandoori and the Lobster Pot). There will be music and stuff for children and (this is Kennington) a champagne Tombola.

Stalls include books, bric a brac and new/secondhand clothes. Donations are welcome. If you have anything you want to donate, PM me before ther end of Friday afternoon and I can come and collect.

The fete is 12noon to 3pm. If it is raining it will be in St Anslems Church Hall on Kennington Cross.

If that were not enough, the very wonderful Roots and Shoots (an organisation that trains young people with learning difficulties in gardening) is holding a plant sale this Saturday 19 May from 11.00am to 4.00pm. All plants: flowers; lettuces; tomatoes; herbs etc, are home-grown. The garden itself, which is a educational resource and visited by many local schools, is lovely and especially fun for kids.

They are at the top of Walnut Tree Walk, near the junction with Kennington Road - not far from the War Museum.
Thursday 10 June 2010 8.58am
London beekeepers are bringing an observation hive, you can try and spot the queen, and watch the Honey bees at work.
GOLDEN HONEY BEE jewellery will be on sale from local artist and designer Corrine Edwards. Also unusual silver jewellery. MADE IN SE1. Prices from 14.00
Roots and Shoots are open too. Part of London Open squares week-end. So you can go and get your plants from them and come to the FETE.
Friday 11 June 2010 12.09am
When did Kennington become a village? I was born there and lived there until I was 7. My mum was a library assistant in the wonderful Durning Library, and I went to Archbishop Sumner's Primary School, the 4th generation of my family to do so.
It's good to see there is still a good sense of community there - in my day we had the Garden Guild, where we would show off our flowers and veg, and there would be prizes for flower arranging and crafts. The guild also organised trips to stately homes and I would go on these with my grandparents.
Saturday 9 July 2011 11.28am
They'll also be live music supplied by Brasserie Toulouse Lautrec

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: