Moving down to London SE11

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 17 May 2007 1.39pm
Hi everyone,

I've just been offered a job at st thomas hospital and moving down to london in couple of weeks (3 weeks).

I've been offered hospital accommodation at sancroft street (se11). Is there any supermarkets nearby for shopping. What bout restaurants and take aways?

Also i love going to the gym and wondered is there anything nearby that area. I'm mostly into weights but finished cardio?

Am not going to take my car the first month but is there parking for residents etc?

your replies will be really helpful

cheers
Thursday 17 May 2007 1.44pm
Welcome to the forum. You may wish to look at this thread from January which was started by someone also moving to Sancroft Street and working at St Thomas'

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/forum/read/1/64055

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Thursday 17 May 2007 1.55pm
thankyou for replying....i read some of that. What bout any supermarkets near by and gyms?
Thursday 17 May 2007 3.06pm
I don't know about gyms, but there's an Iceland on Lower Marsh which isn't too far...
Thursday 17 May 2007 4.07pm
The Tesco's on Kennington Lane is a hop, skip and a jump away from Sancroft Street, as well as cafes, restaurants, pubs and convenience stores at Kennington Cross.

Regards,

Loafer
Thursday 17 May 2007 7.59pm
Checking your area with Streetmap.co.uk I'm reminded that there is a large superstore just down the road from you. Can't remember if it's Sainsbury's or Tesco's?

Many moons ago I lived on the Kennington Park Estate opposite the Oval cricket ground and it was pretty chilled then. As mentioned on the other thread, get yourself a bike (and a quality lock!) and you'll find you live central to all things.

Welcome aboard.
Friday 18 May 2007 9.31am
I think St Thomas staff get special rates at the County Hall gym. Plus there are various facilities at Guys.

Sandcroft Street is part of the land that time forgot. Amazingly central but surprisingly quiet. There is a reasonable amount of street parking, but you may discover you dont need a car.

In terms of shopping you have the delights of Lambeth Walk and Black Prince Road....
Friday 18 May 2007 11.48am
I rang the county hall and its 85 which i think that is way too excessive. Thats for St thomas staff special rate too.
Friday 18 May 2007 11.56am
Details of the Thomas Guy Club (which has branches at both hospitals):
http://www.guysandstthomas.nhs.uk/working/staffbenefits/thomasguyclub.aspx

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: