Car Park on St Thomas Street

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
SB1
Friday 18 May 2007 3.10pm
Does anyone know what is happening with the open air carpark on St Thomas Street by London Bridge Station?

I walk past daily and have noticed more and more 'guys in yellow jackets' inspecting the land etc and was wondering if we are going to have another tower block going up.

Any infomation would be welcome...
Monday 21 May 2007 9.11am
You could telephone the local council planning department and ask if they are proposing to build on the car park.

I rent a garage in Pages Walk and last year I noticed workmen drilling boreholes in parts of the car park, I approached and ask them what it was for, as they were outside contractors engaged by the council, they could only answer me by saying that they had been asked to take samples and a report would be sent to the Council on their findings, but in their opinion, the results would confirm whether the land was suitable for building a block of flats on it.

I contacted Southwark Council who denied what had been said. So I decided to write to various departments within the Council, and lo and behold, three months later I received a reply. The land has been sold to a Housing Association and I now only have a matter of months left to rent my garage before it is pulled down, and the Council has just put the rent up on the garage for the last few months!

I have asked if there are any plans to offer alternate parking, all I have been told is that I must drive around the streets and find my own suitable parking area, although a letter still remains unanswered.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: