Wednesday 23 May 2007 12.23pm
Hi and thanks to everyone for replying to our post. Here are the answers to your questions:
* The cafe that we are tendering for is the glass structure in Pottersfield Park next to Tower Bridge (the kiosk, as it is known as!).
* Fairtrade is a very worthwhile product which appears on products and is an independent guarantee that disadvantaged producers in the developing world are getting a better deal.
They receive a minimum price that covers the cost of sustainable production and an extra premium that is invested in social or economic development projects.
* Our prices are reasonable (so we are told by the paying public!) as we value feedback from our customers and constantly ask customers how we are doing.
* We hope to sell wine & some beers for people to relax in the evening with, whilst enjoying the views of the bridge and surrounding London Architecture. However, our main concern is to have a succesful cafe, not a bar or a pub. We believe that London has enough bars and pubs and not enough good quality cafes.
* our cakes are always fresh and always hand-made. Our ice-cream is hand-made too from a UK farm and we also supply hand-made organic baby food for parents out and about for a stroll with the little ones (something which most cafes do not offer, even though a big percentage of their customers are parents with toddlers). We love the family community and local community spirits.
If we are successful in getting the coffee shop we will obviously let people know on the forum. In the meantime have a look at http://www.pistachiosinthepark.org.uk
and some of your questions may be answered (also pictures of some of our cakes are available!).
Thankyou again for your comments and questions
Steve, Aysin & Don