Lower Marsh Spanish/Italian market this week

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 23 May 2007 3.41pm
I've just been down the Market and saw a notice in a window saying 'Sorry for the short notice, but there will be a Spanish-Italian market here on 25-26 May'

It might be worth a look.
Wednesday 23 May 2007 4.45pm
Thanks for posting this. The lack of advance notice for these visiting markets is very irritating.

I've been down to look at the notice and I've added the market (with times) to our what's on database:

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Saturday 26 May 2007 11.46am
Has anyone been? Is it worth popping along?
Monday 28 May 2007 7.15pm
Utter rubbish. Only 5 stalls and nearly got a heart attack when I had to pay 10 for a small Italian sausage with a very average taste. Gutted.
Monday 28 May 2007 8.59pm
It was lame. The 'market' was tiny and forlorn, and the traders looked depressed and desperate. These things should either be done properly or not at all, I think...
Tuesday 29 May 2007 12.46pm
Mr Mac went along in search of olive oil and said that it seemed very expensive (no oils under 10)
Tuesday 29 May 2007 4.47pm
Has anyone been to a good market in Lower Marsh? I've only been to about 3 but each one was disappointing - poor quality, not much choice, many items seemed expensive - nothing to compare to a decent farmers market.

I would like to support the traders in this area and much prefer to shop at markets instead of supermarkets but Lower Marsh never does not offer much.
Saturday 2 June 2007 11.27am
I went along and share the view that it was very dissapointing. Only five stalls, bought some v. expensive olives that haven't lasted well. Some nice bread. Some parma ham that was sliced too thick. So all in all , not a good experience - I love lower marsh ; why can't it get it's act together , re informing people locally of events, only found out about this through this website on the day. No banners , flyers or posters to be seen and I live 5 minutes away!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: